Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Available aftermarket mods?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 10:01 AM
Default Available aftermarket mods?

After browsing this forum and doing a lot of reading, I noticed that most mods that people are doing to their Outlander are simply adding OEM features that their model didn't come with, or is not available in their respective country.
I have not seen really any talk about aftermarket parts for these CUVs that aren't OEM.
Coming from the SRT world (SRT4), I know of a number small shops (most in the US, one from here in Canada) that make aftermarket parts for those cars. Some are OEM replacements (better design, or cheaper purchase price) and some are visual or performance inhancements.

Are there any companies/parts out there that are available for this vehicle?

I'm not looking to go crazy with our family's utility vehicle, but the wife would like to have her personalized vehicle similar to how I have my SRT.

If such company/parts don't really exist, would there be much interest in a few limited production parts? I have been playing with fiberglass/carbon fiber and electronics for some time now and am getting reasonably good at designing and constructing car mods.