Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Best cleaners/protectorants/etc. for Outlander

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007 | 07:35 AM
Default Best cleaners/protectorants/etc. for Outlander

Having purchased my new Outlander a few weeks ago, I was curious on what the best cleaning fluids/protectorants (and how to apply them) for the following:

1. Navigation screen
2. Black leather interior
3. Black dashboard material
4. Anything else on the Outlander (exterior, as well as interior) you can think of

Old 04-25-2007 | 07:49 AM
Default RE: Best cleaners/protectorants/etc. for Outlander

I would also include certain plastic surfaces on the Outlander (exterior or interior) and what can be used to clean/polish them without scratching.

Old 04-25-2007 | 09:49 AM

I used mothers wax on the outside. I won't use any other wax. I have 3 other brands rotting away on the shelf in my shed.

Meguiars gold classic rich leather wipes. It says it has aconditioner in it and left a nice shine to my seats. It wasntslimy to the touche either.

Meguiars Interior wipes. The cleaned the dash board of all dush and lint and left the dash board clean looking. Unlike armor all when the sun hits the dash it doesnt glare into your eyes and blind you.

I also have both of them in squirt bottles so I dont have to use all 25 wipes at once. I just spray the dash or seat and keep using the wipes until they stop working.

Armor wheel gell. This stuff works like crazy. I put it on the work van and it lasted over a week of driving in dirt and all over the place. It goes on with a pad and shines the best.

I have brake dust cleaner but I will check the name later today its outside and I forget.

Old 04-25-2007 | 12:32 PM

How much do you want to spend? HAHA

Here are some easy to find items..

1. Navi - Damp Mircrofiber cloth

2.Leather - Turtle Wax makes a cleaner/protectant in a trigger spray (tan/yellow bottle) that's pretty decent. Alsofor cleaning, water and Woolite solution.. 6 parts water to 1 part Woolite is great on leather (and really all interior parts and fabric)

3. Dash -Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer..not shiny and leaves a little protection.

4. Other - As far as plastic cleaning..any All Purpose Cleaner would work (I like to use a toothbrush for nasy wax stains)

Good Over the Counter waxes: Meguiar's NXT, Mother's Synwax, Turtle Wax Platinum Ultra Gloss.

Old 04-25-2007 | 02:08 PM

Lexol leather cleaner/conditioner is the ****!

Old 04-25-2007 | 03:48 PM

ORIGINAL: budh

Having purchased my new Outlander a few weeks ago, I was curious on what the best cleaning fluids/protectorants (and how to apply them) for the following:

1. Navigation screen
4. Anything else on the Outlander (exterior, as well as interior) you can think of
1- slightly damp microfiber cloth
2- Wolfgang leather cleaner and conditioner
3- 303 protectant
4- Read the info in this link http://ocdetails.com/html/ocd_university.html

Old 04-25-2007 | 07:46 PM

Forgot to add I use my old cloth that came with my pioneer in dash dvd player. That thing takes every finger print off of there. Its some soth blue fabric.

The wheel cleaner I use is meguiars "hot rimsall wheel". It gets rid of all the brake dust left over from cleaning it with soap with minimal rubbing or scrubbing.

Here is what my car cleaning cabinet looks like. Some stuff is old and doesn't get used. Some stuff gets used on our older cars only.

Name:  Picture103.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  107.9 KB

Old 05-14-2007 | 02:33 PM

For Outside Wax....I used touse onmy black porsche. 3M imperial Hand Glaze.
The best i came across. Give it a try, I did my white outy (XLS)....beautiful I will post pictures, later.

Old 05-14-2007 | 03:02 PM

A true glaze is primarily for looks, there would be little or no long term protection with it. I'd recommend topping it with a carnauba (sealants won't bond over glazes unless the glaze is specifically made for sealants)

Old 05-14-2007 | 10:48 PM

1. Navigation screen
---Microfiber towel and water

---Lexol, the brown spray bottle version

---Microfiber towel and water

---Exterior paint: California Duster to remove dust
---Exterior paint: Eagle One Wipe-N-Shine spray with a microfiber towel for most detailing
---Windows: Microfiber towel and water
---Carpet: Spot Shot to remove stains

Quick Reply: Best cleaners/protectorants/etc. for Outlander