Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Best Color in USA: Pearl White

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 09:58 AM
Default Best Color in USA: Pearl White

Diamond White Pearl has one big advantage over the other choices... it is the color Mitsubishi USA chose for their body panel inventory. So if you boof your front bumper (etc) the replacement will come prepainted in Diamond White Pearl and ready to go. Owners of other color Outies will have to paint the panel to match their car. So if you own DWP you save some money on repair and you get a factory painted panel without worrying about color match, metallic flake match etc.

Old 08-10-2007, 12:22 PM
Default RE: Best Color in USA: Pearl White

That surprises me a bit. It would make more sense to just prime them, which is cheaper than pearlized paint.

You'd also think they'd pick the most common color..white is relatively rare.

Old 08-10-2007, 01:29 PM

I think the white looks great. Sounds weird about them painting the body panels as well.

Old 08-10-2007, 01:30 PM

I have yet to see a white Outlander in the 3 dealership lots in our area. I'd say black and gray are the more common colors. In Japan you can get any body part painted to match your vehicle's color, plus a choice of having one with just the primer. Well, I haven't seen any official document saying white is the default color for body parts in the US, so I'll take that with a grain of salt.

Old 08-10-2007, 01:53 PM

I already tested the system... I backed myOutieinto a valet stand and put a crease in my rear bumper. All of the color codes for the replacement piece point to the Pearl White, and that's the way my part came, all I had to do was bolt it on.

The Japan market can get any color panels they want, but Mitsubishi USA didn't want to inventory all of the colors so they chose Pearl White as the only color. Probably because it is fairly neutral as a base. The plastic itself is grey under the paint. White and silver are traditionally the most popular colors.

[IMG]local://upfiles/11453/21114FA864D344CCBC193E807AD46699.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-10-2007, 02:19 PM

I'm happy with black, I probably wouldn't have changed my mind even if I would have known this before.

Old 08-10-2007, 07:46 PM

Were the repalcement parts looked up with your VIN number inserted in the system?

Old 08-11-2007, 12:40 AM

Theres a big chance of the white not matching perfectly. It could be 1 shade off but that would make a bid difference.

Old 08-11-2007, 01:40 AM

The part was looked up first without my VIN. The only color offered was just listed as "White" so I gave them my VIN. The computer listed it as a match for my car, but I couldn't be completely sure until the part came out of the box.

I got lucky that it was the right color, just wanted to share the info in case someone was on the fence like I was... I flipped a coin on the decision between Graphite Gray and Diamond White Pearl. Had I known that the replacement parts were DWP it would have surely swayed me in that direction. In this case it saved me at least $200 in paint.

The replacement panel matched my color perfectly, totally impossible to tell that it isn't an original body panel.

Old 08-11-2007, 01:56 AM

Just my 2 cents, why pre-paint the parts? I'm sure if you don't have the part in the right color, you can always order from Japan. You might have to wait though, but I think the parts dept can get it for you.Then you save $$ for the paint.

Quick Reply: Best Color in USA: Pearl White