Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Best product to clean / wax inside and outside

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 08:35 PM
Default Best product to clean / wax inside and outside

What product you use to wax your outie? Clean the inside dash and lether inside the dash and seat?

Old 05-15-2012, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by armymen
What product you use to wax your outie? Clean the inside dash and lether inside the dash and seat?
i wouldnt use any paste for waxing because it can get really hard to get out in all the little spots.. liquid wax seems best. I use armor all

Old 05-15-2012, 10:55 PM
Old 05-16-2012, 10:41 PM

I have a small arsenal of detailing products. I personally don't care as much for a lot of the "ego" boutique brands, though I do have a fair number of boutique type supplies.

A few of my favorites are:
Surf City Garage (pretty much all the stuff is great)
Autoglym HD Wax
Pinnacle Souveran (looks amazing on metallics)
Meguiar's #26 (great warm carnauba for $20, but tough to use)
Mother's (almost all of their products are great - their FX line and their pure Carnauba are both fantastic and not that pricey)
Meguiar's NXT (I use it on wheels, works great. Armor All's wheel protectant is more effective, but NXT looks better and beads water )
Four Star Tire Shine (a nice satin finish, similar to Ultima's tire product but cheaper)

Keep in mind, it's not WHAT you use, but HOW you use it.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:02 AM

I use Pinnacle Liquid Souveran (a carnuba wax) on the exterior and Meguiar's Natural Shine on the dash, door sides, and exterior vinyl trim.

Old 03-18-2013, 10:59 PM
Default Best acrylic "wax"

I realize I'm resurrecting a year-old thread but I am new on the forum and want to share my car care experiences.

I use Klasse All-in-one cleaner/polish. I get it at Autogeek.net. I am amazed at how easy this stuff is to apply and the finish lasts at least 3 months. Go to the site and read the product information. It is no exaggeration. Wipe on, wipe off. Absolutely no drying or buffing. Very handy when it's cool and/or damp when regular wax would take forever to dry.

One of the best features is it does not stain plastic or rubber trim like many other products do. I actually use it on the seals around my windows to clean and condition the rubber.

I also bought some Pinnacle Souveran from Autogeek. I haven't tried it yet but I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks on top of a coat of Klasse All-in-one.

As for interior, I use 303 Aerospace Protectant. Leaves a nice matte finish and not greasy at all. I never see it in stores but you can find it easily on the web.

Old 03-18-2013, 11:07 PM
Default Best acrylic "wax"

I realize I'm resurrecting a year-old thread but I am new on the forum and want to share my car care experiences.

I use Klasse All-in-one cleaner/polish. I get it at Autogeek.net. I am amazed at how easy this stuff is to apply and the finish lasts at least 3 months. Go to the site and read the product information. It is no exaggeration. Wipe on, wipe off. Absolutely no drying or buffing. Very handy when it's cool and/or damp when regular wax would take forever to dry.

One of the best features is it does not stain plastic or rubber trim like many other products do. I actually use it on the seals around my windows to clean and condition the rubber.

I also bought some Pinnacle Souveran from Autogeek. I haven't tried it yet but I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks on top of a coat of Klasse All-in-one.

As for interior, I use 303 Aerospace Protectant. Leaves a nice matte finish and not greasy at all. I never see it in stores but you can find it easily on the web.

Old 03-18-2013, 11:11 PM

Outlander Sport owners manual (and I would assume the regular Outlander) specifically states not to use most cleaning/detailing products on the interior surfaces. I believe it recommends a mild soap and water or something like that. Might want to double check what you're using before damaging the vinyl or plastics.

Old 03-19-2013, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by Burtonrider10022
Outlander Sport owners manual (and I would assume the regular Outlander) specifically states not to use most cleaning/detailing products on the interior surfaces. I believe it recommends a mild soap and water or something like that. Might want to double check what you're using before damaging the vinyl or plastics.
Thanks for the tip. I'm pretty sure this is safe as it is not a harsh cleaner, plus it provides UV protection which is great for a black interior. The only cleaning I do is I dust my interior with a mini California Duster, another awesome product.

Sorry for the double post, BTW.

Also forgot to mention another critical interior option - WeatherTech custom floor liners.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Burtonrider10022
303 Aerospace should be good though... I think it works great on everything.