Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Best Tires for the Outlander

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2018, 12:36 PM

Looks good Outlaander. Thank for the info as I did look for all weathers.
Consumer reports even gives them a good rating. Maybe next time. However, I can't tell you how satisfied I am with these Michelin Premier. I don't swap for snows on my Outlander (I do on my Mustang). Being retired, if the weather is that bad I just don't go out. I have been caught though and am extremely satisfied with the Premiers in the worst of conditions. Cheers

Old 06-18-2018, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by MadMike1953
Looks good Outlaander. Thank for the info as I did look for all weathers.
Consumer reports even gives them a good rating. Maybe next time. However, I can't tell you how satisfied I am with these Michelin Premier. I don't swap for snows on my Outlander (I do on my Mustang). Being retired, if the weather is that bad I just don't go out. I have been caught though and am extremely satisfied with the Premiers in the worst of conditions. Cheers
My wife and I are retired, so we also don't go out in the bad stuff unless there is a very good reason. But around here our intelligent city councillors have decided that it makes very good sense to not plow residential streets until many days after even a siginificant snow fall. (No wonder that SUVs have sold so well while sedan sales plummet.) Therefore, unless you plan on not leaving your home for several days, around here your vehicle has to get through snow, sometimes fairly deep snow.

BTW, Quebec already has a mandatory snow tire law:
https://www.wintertpms.com/snow-tire...on-canada.html

So the other possible thing is that one of these years snow tires are going to be made madatory by more of those same intelligent people, or at provincial or federal levels. I'm surprised it hasn't already happened in Ontario. WHEN, IMO not "if", that happens nationwide, the "snowflake" symbol on tires is also going to become mandatory. Again, the WRG tires have that symbol, so IMO that makes them even more desirable as a fully-legal, year-round tire today, tomorrow or in the coming years. BTW, I'm not in any way, shape or form a tire salesman or tire promoter.

Old 06-19-2018, 11:45 PM

How do you guys know when you need new tires?

Old 06-20-2018, 06:26 AM

In Quebec only the tire showing this pictogram are considered Winter tire.
The snowflake is inside a mountain.

Official pictogram for winter tires

Since December 15, 2014, only tires on which this pictogram is found and studded tires are considered winter tires under the Highway Safety Code.

Old 06-20-2018, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by SERPENTOR
How do you guys know when you need new tires?
1. If you live in a state that requires some periodic official vehicle inspections, whoever does that inspection will tell you that he won't put the sticker on your vehicle unless you first replace the tires.

2. If you don't live in a state that requires a periodic inspection, that decision will be based upon how brave you are. There is nothing quite like driving a car that has bald tires through a snow storm on a busy highway. To give yourself the illusion of security, I suggest constant prayer and a rabbit's foot hanging from the mirror (if you have a motorcycle or football helmet, you might want to slip one of those on before heading out).

3. Seriously, to be safe, replace the tires when the tread wears down to the tops of the treadware indicators on the tires. You won't know that that has happened unless you carefully examine the tires periodically-- when the tires are new, not so often; more often as the miles add up. I check the tread condition each time I swap summers for winters.