Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Is black a good color choice?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 05:41 PM
Sal
Default Is black a good color choice?

I ordered a black 07 outlander XLS with black interior. Now I am having second thoughts... salt/snow in Toronto is not very kind to black vehicles. Should I keep my choice? or is it too late? Besides, why is that canadian outlander color choices suck so bad? JDM website shows some interesting variations. Black I ordered is not even a metallic paint... But the remaining choices are not good either except for silver.

Old 02-09-2007, 08:22 PM
JMC
Default RE: Is black a good color choice?

Black is always hard to keep clean dood....I have had two black outlanders and they both get dirty very fast...but that's not a big deal. Just drive and worry about keeping it clean starting in May.

Old 02-09-2007, 10:36 PM
Banned

Not to mention black is super super hard to maintain. Personally having to maintain a black car myself at one point.. its a real big bitch. It shows up EVERY single ding and swirl mark.

Old 02-09-2007, 11:05 PM

yeah man, black sucks... one of my 00 civic Si's is black, that bitch is never, and I mean never clean. what a pain.
The best thing I can tell you is to wash it often, wash it well, and get an absorber. Dry it completly, and always keep a good thick coat of wax on it.
never let it rain on it, and let it sit to dry, and never, and I mean never go to any carwash that doesnt have a blow drier, and if you must, get out and dry your car.
water spots really etch into black paint, it gets hotter, and therefore, the paint gets softer and the acid that is in the water will etch into the paint...
There is a product by 3M that is like a clear plastic stick on cover for your car that stays on it and is supposed to stop nicks, scratches, and water spots

Old 02-10-2007, 01:15 AM

I vowed to never get a black car, but my current car is black. I'm very ocd about keeping my cars clean, so for me it never really gets dirty. I'm also very careful about what I use to clean and dry my car with as to not get swirl marks. But if you're not into the whole car care thing, I'd stick with lighter colors.

Old 02-10-2007, 01:29 AM
Sal

Holy Moly... thats one sweet sube... Yeah you are right. I am not **** about carwash thing... Black works down south not up here in snow/slush country. Will check with dealer tomorrow to see if I have the option to switch to silver/gray. Not a fan of either but beats the hell out of having to wash every other day..

Why is that there are no earthy colors like dark metallic brown (carbon bronze is it?) and such? They figured everybody wants red white and blue? or silver/black?

Old 02-10-2007, 02:48 AM
Banned

Are those rims Work Emotion CR Kai? Nice looking car dude

Old 02-10-2007, 11:06 AM

My new XLS Outlander was my 5th new car. Every time I went to the lot for the previous 4 I told myself I was going to get a black car. Every time I drove off with silver or white. Both colors were a dream to keep clean and wind scratches, swirls and such were never noticeable. That said, whenever I would drive by the model of my car in black I would regret not getting black like I wanted.

So for my Outlander I stuck to my guns and drove off in a black model. I'm pretty ocd when it comes to things looking good.The dealer had to knock extra cash off after I was about to walk off from seeing the tiny wind scratches just from sitting on the lot. I've had it for just over a week now and am still unsure if I made the right call. From about 5 feet back black is hottest looking color out there. But white or silverwith black accents looks pretty bad *** too and it's way easy to keep looking good.

Unlike my other cars I have a garage to keep my Outlander in so I'm hoping that makes having black easier to bear. Like anything dude, looking the best always takes more work. Black is by far the most stunning color on the Outlanders IMO but that comes at a price.

Old 02-10-2007, 01:27 PM
Sal

Just went to the dealer for credit approval process. Hopefully, it will come thru this afternoon. I asked for color change and they said it is not a problem. Just need to let them know on monday. I will go for silver. I also asked for all weather mats and cargo mat which are worth the money. However, I also asked for 3M film protection which I am not sure is worth the money. Probably a remote starter would have made more sense up here in frozen tundra [:@]. Oh well... whatever. I need to chill until they call me and say that I'm approved. BTW, silver is on the ground so the wait will be less to boot.

Old 02-10-2007, 02:44 PM

Dude black is a love and hate thing! My 2000 GT was Silver It looked good but, not like the black when a black car is clean it looks good but, you have to wash 2-3 times a week if you drive thru dust and it rains forget about it. If you like black go for it just dont get a ding or it will show I mean really show!

[IMG]local://upfiles/6592/70ECCD0CA1404D4C87EA7233B9215917.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/6592/A3C64E9924644F259C9066AA958F20FD.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Is black a good color choice?