Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Is the Bluetooth really worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 08:04 PM
Default Is the Bluetooth really worth it?

Recently purchased an 07 LS and love it up to this point. Unfortunately I didn't catch the "Prewired for Bluetooth" on the sticker, I assumed it had it. So now the question is do I want to spend the extra $$$$ to get it enabled. I'd appreciate any feedback from the folks that currently have it. Is it clear, wind noise drown it out at highway speed, parties on other end ever complain? Thanks in advance for any response.

Old 01-17-2008, 08:18 PM
Default RE: Is the Bluetooth really worth it?

People I talk to constantly complain. Which sucks because BT was a main selling point for me. Although it might be my phone as I have always had people complain about my BT headset. I have an LG VX8500 Chocolate with version 6 software.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:43 PM

It is annoying for the other party because the wind noise is loud. If you have a Lot of contacts you want for voice dialing you are limited to like 30 contacts.

Is there a way to make it any quieter in the cabin? If so it is definitely with it.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:57 PM

I've had my 08 XLS for about two months and 4000 miles. I love the bluetooth and use it to give customers computer support while on the road and have no problem or complaints with it. So yes, I think it is worth the cost. Phone is Blackberry 7250

Old 01-17-2008, 10:55 PM

its a pretty basic unit, but its very handy nonetheless
if you dont mind just having 32 preset contacts and not having phonebook access, its actually a decent factory system
got no complaints so far about wind noise (i always have my windows up and use the climate control) or poor reception so far

although had it not come with the car originally, i would have chosen to get an aftermaket gps with bluetooth capabilities

Old 01-18-2008, 03:26 AM
ash

I like it. I usually get asked if I'm in a cave, but it does work well for me.

Old 01-18-2008, 09:14 AM

it's definitely worth it. I can turn on my BT on my phone, pick a number manually from the phone and hit dial, and bt interface picks up the call when im connected. That way I don't have to be restricted to the limited contacts, and cumbersome phonebook entry method. Just the fact that I have handsfree is well worth it for me. I get calls for 30mins at a time on occasion and I can't imagine myself driving with one hand on the freeway for that long. Some complained of cabin noise, but it's been tolerable for me so far. Got my BT as part of the package so I got it for cheap.

Old 01-18-2008, 10:30 AM

I have the Bluetooth on my 07 XLS and I love it. Never had a complain about the sound quality or wind noise ! I say Go for it

Old 01-18-2008, 10:30 AM

I dont use the voice dialing feature so that is not a problem for me. I just dial and set the phone down. Sometimes people cant hear me "clearly", so I just talk a bit louder and into the mic (located in the dome light). Usually "fixes" the issue. Otherwise it works pretty well.Was deff a selling point for me. Love it.

After you get use to it, you will HATE driving and having to hold your phone again...

Old 01-18-2008, 01:22 PM

I have it on my Raider and love it. No problems at all and I won't buy another car/truck without it. It's a must have if you use your phone much in the car.

Quick Reply: Is the Bluetooth really worth it?