Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Bluetooth ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 08:05 PM
Location: Manheim ,Home of the largest car auction in the world
Default Bluetooth ?'s

I just installed the bluetooth kit. It looks like I need to program it now is there anyway to do this without taking this to the dealer.

Also My Outie does not have Navi, is there a way I will be able to speak the names I want to call instead of #s . As I understand the calling directions you have to speak a phone #

Any help would be awesome Thanks

Old 03-15-2009, 08:44 PM

Not sure what you mean by "the Bluetooth kit" or "program it". For OEM bluetooth you press the bluetooth button on the steering wheel and the programming and phone entries are all voice activated. If you are talking about an aftermarket kit it really depends on the kit. Maybe if you provide a bit more information on what you did with what?

WRT your 2nd question, you program the phonebook by name. So the voice commands will want to know the name of the entry (home, Frank, work, etc) and then you say the phone number. If you want to call this number you press the bt button and say, "Call home" (or Call 'Frank' or 'work' or whatever you named the entry). Unfortunately the phonebook only holds about 32 entries, but each entry can have 4 different numbers (although they are preset to "home", "work", "mobile", "pager").

Old 03-15-2009, 09:12 PM

I have an 08 ES with the Bluetooth controls on the steering wheel that came as part of the convienience package, but there is an additional module from Mitsubishi I would need installed to actually use the Bluetooth. I believe that module is the Bluetooth kit JJW is referring to. The reason I know this is shortly after I got my outtie I called Mitsubishi's Bluetooth support center and asked them what I would need in addition to the steering wheel controls.

Last edited by azjake; 03-15-2009 at 09:16 PM.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:42 AM
Location: Manheim ,Home of the largest car auction in the world

Yes Jake that is what I was refering to. It is an ECU i guess and a microphone. It comes with directions to install. The ECU part goes behind the 6 disk changer and the mic goes up between the MAP lights . You will see a little microphone thing up there. These parts just plug right in. The last step of the instructions tell you to use some program MUT 3.

Old 03-27-2009, 09:23 PM

you need to program the etacs using the dealer computer (mut III)

you can try the procedure for installing foglamps first.

1. sit in driver seat with ignition off 5 seconds
2. fasten drivers and passengers seat belts
3. turn ignition switch on and within 10 seconds open and close driver door five times
then activate bluetooth steering wheel controls and you should hear a beep.
4. after confirming the beep hold the bluetooth activation button for 3 seconds. the beep will sound once confirming activation...two beeps confirms deactivation
5. after activating turn ignition off.

this procedure works for activating the foglamps substituting the fog switch for the bluetooth controls might just work.

good luck!

Old 03-28-2009, 12:27 PM

Nice information mitsuparstman, thanks for sharing

Old 03-28-2009, 02:24 PM

Very interesting information about activation.
Thank you, mitsupartsman

Which of "hidden" activations I can find in my Outie w/o MUT-III ?

May be my halogen lamps will be surpringsly HID ?
Or additional 100 horses are waiting me under the bonnet ?

Of course, its a jokes, but seriuous ?
Very interesting.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Sergy; 03-29-2009 at 11:13 AM.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:52 AM

I gotta admit these programming steps are somewhat funny

Old 03-29-2009, 10:31 AM

yeah - I thought it was tongue-in-cheek at first - open and close the door 5 times!?! What about making 3 farts from your armpit followed by 2 left eye winks, 1 right wink and then 2 more left winks?

Old 07-09-2016, 08:54 AM

Hello,

does it works? Because I have a problem with my blue tooth system on my Mitsubishi Outlander 2007. After car battery change it doesn't work any more. Perhaps it's deactivated? Can anybody help me with an advice, please?

Quick Reply: Bluetooth ?'s