Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Boot (Trunk) Size

Old 04-23-2007, 10:21 AM
ash
Default Boot (Trunk) Size

I've just ordered a UK Spec Outlander, the Warrior Model with Leather. As I live on the Isle of Man and we don't have a Dealer over here, the car is being shipped over from the UK.

I also have a dog (Boxer) and I would like to keep the inside of the car as good as I can, so I'm thinking about buying a Dog Transit Box (see: http://www.dogtrailers.co.uk/boxes.html ). Before I order one, I need to know the size of the boot (trunk). So if someone could get their tape measure out I would be grateful.

I need to know:
The width between the wheel arches.
The distance from the inside of the fold down bumper to the back of the seats (with the middle row of seats in their furthest back position).
The height of the door opening.

Thanks in advance.

Old 04-23-2007, 02:28 PM
Default RE: Boot (Trunk) Size

ummmm.... god im lazy... i'll measure it later

Old 04-23-2007, 06:58 PM

From the back seat to the rear hatch you got about 4' 9". 4' 10" is cramming it in there.
Fromthe side of the wheel well at the floor to the other wheel well at the floor is about 3 feet.the opening is 3' where it dips down in the back but once you get pass that inside of the rear you have about 3'3" to 3' 4" for height.

Old 04-23-2007, 07:36 PM

Why dont you get one of those barriers that keeps your dogs in the cargo area? there isnt much back there that a dog can damage, if you can bare with the minor smears on the rear glass from dogy snot.lol. I have a GSD, he is fairly large over 100lbs, and rides confortably on the back (without seats folded), I cant wait till we get that dog barrier specially made for outis(found in ousie site), I refuse to buy those universal ones that put pressure on your roof to support it self, I treasure my aluminum roof a little too much, I know.

Old 04-23-2007, 11:47 PM

thank god you didnt wait for me... I am so lazy

Old 04-24-2007, 12:31 AM

I just searched for that trend where the guy was trying to fit his bike in the back. I went and measured it then. I just went and did a little of copy and paste today.

Old 04-24-2007, 06:09 AM
ash

ORIGINAL: OTO27

Why dont you get one of those barriers that keeps your dogs in the cargo area? there isnt much back there that a dog can damage, if you can bare with the minor smears on the rear glass from dogy snot.lol. I have a GSD, he is fairly large over 100lbs, and rides confortably on the back (without seats folded), I cant wait till we get that dog barrier specially made for outis(found in ousie site), I refuse to buy those universal ones that put pressure on your roof to support it self, I treasure my aluminum roof a little too much, I know.
Have looked at getting a dog guard. Mitsu do a full height one for the outlander at £255.00 and they also do a trunk tray in plastic at £131.00. Boxers do seem to spread their drool everywhere and a box would help stop this.

Old 04-24-2007, 06:39 PM

Hey ash do you know the link to this guard, I think it will suit me well.

Old 04-24-2007, 07:07 PM

He has 1 link to dog cages in his first post.

Old 04-24-2007, 11:37 PM

I would like a link to a dogy barrier not crates, similar to the ones found in pet stores, but one specially made for the outi, I dont want to put any pressure on my roof from one of those universal liners.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Boot (Trunk) Size