Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Brake Rotor/Pad Options

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 09:58 AM
Lightbulb Brake Rotor/Pad Options

My '07 XLS V6 just turned 50,000 miles and the brakes are a little warped and the rear pads are squeeking. That's pretty good mileage out of brakes these days, especially on a SUV.

So I'm wondering if I should go in and replace all of the rotors and pads? I thought the stock parts were pretty good in terms of brake feel, stopping power and low dust. I wouldn't mind going stock if the price is reasonable. Anybody have a good source and part numbers? Are Outie brakes the same as any other cars like the Evo etc?

Or should I turn the rotors and just get new pads? Seems like some vehicles aren't designed with a lot of extra meat on the rotors these days. Anybody try turning their rotors?

Old 10-30-2010, 06:47 PM

My vehicle turn 80,000 kms when my rear pads died. I mean died. My rears were squealing and I didn't really care because I see the outside pad still have some left. So I just kept thinking I will do it next week for a while. Then my RR side got metal on metal. I was forced to replace pads and rotors at that time. If I did it a week or 2 earlier, I could of got away with just pads. Rear rotor doesn't warp as bad as fronts. I priced Mitsubishi Pads and Rotors. Pads - 85, Rotors, 135 each. This is Canadian pricing. I got the pads, but rotors was just way to much. I cheap out, and got cheap chinese rotors for 50 dollars a piece. But if I had the choice, I would go with hawk pads and cheap aftermarket rotors. Again, rear rotors doesn't have to be the greatest. Note, for our Outlander, aftermarket rotors are very very rare. I've tried many places, and they dont carry them. Meaning, they cant even order them, they dont make them. Machine rotors is a good option too, but they would charge you some hrs for labour, and after 2 months rotor are going to be warped again due to overheatting.