Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Buying an OEM nav system.

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 09:32 AM
Default RE: Buying an OEM nav system.

ORIGINAL: petesonline

Anyone have any suggestions where I can pickup an oem nav system that is not going to cost an arm and a leg. I got an ES with upgarded sound but not the nav system, now I wish I spent the extra for the multifunction system.
This was what I was thinking too when I was getting my Outlander, but I figured I spoil all the savings I get for getting a lesser model if I get an OEM MMCS after. So I went XLS fully loaded all the way, and haggled for the best price I can get. Getting it post purchase will really cost "an arm and a leg" especially if you let the dealer install it. The best buy for me is an XLS fully loaded and haggle for the lowest price you can get.

Old 09-06-2007, 11:11 AM

Agreed, by the time you haggle it all the way down, you usually get it for free. I basically knocked off what the NAV cost thru haggling

Old 09-06-2007, 11:30 AM

Get a Nuvii 660 and you won't go wrong, buy a oem unit and you are buying it for the next owner of the car, with the nuvii you take it with you.!!
Incidently, my uk Outlander came with the MMC as standard but I still use the Nuvii as I can down load Safety (speed) camera locations plus hundreds of points of interest, However, I will admit that the MMC is far better than the nuvii as far as TMC info is concerned
Cheers,
Ron

Old 09-06-2007, 12:12 PM

Thanks everyone, looks like the nav will have to be part of my future purchase. My next plan keep an eye out in a couple of junk yards for an outlander.

Old 09-06-2007, 05:51 PM

Keep an eye on eBay too. Good luck. I'll tell you that the MMCS has been a worthy investment for me. The DVD feature coupled with RF sound is almost as good as THX in theaters.

Old 09-06-2007, 07:14 PM

Here is an OEMkit on eBay for $2,379.99:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-...spagenameZWDVW

Old 09-06-2007, 07:32 PM

Buy the after market one for now for like 300$ and save up over the next couple months for a OEM navi if you are that determined to buy one.

Old 09-07-2007, 08:32 AM

I doubt the price will change that much. Judging from the other models, prices for accessories stay pretty much the same. So if you really really want one, just go for it. It's well worth it for me.

Old 09-07-2007, 09:14 AM

the ebay combo listed bu GPSeek is not bad, the nav system and kit for under 2400. the install kit is around 400 by itself.

Old 10-22-2007, 04:06 PM

Check out the AVIC-HD3BT nav unit from Pioneer instead. http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/1...3BT/index.html
The info I got from Pioneer was that they are working with a IP-bus unit to communicate with the
internal wiering of the Outie 2007 (stearing weel music controls etc) and a install kit with a mounting frame. The cost of this I am not shure of but it is agood altarnative to theoem.

Quick Reply: Buying an OEM nav system.