Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

A/c issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 07:24 PM
Default A/c issue

When the weathers not too hot the a/c is fine but when it gets hot out then it's more on the warm side. Seems like some vents are different temps. But when it's blowing it doesn't seem as cold as it should be. I bought one of those home recharge kits crom crappy tire and put the guage on and it's showing about 45, right in the middle of where it should be. Any suggestions?

Old 06-21-2015, 09:39 PM

you have a 2011 model, has it been 5 years and 60k miles from when you bought it??? It also has a 10 year, 100k mile powertrain warranty, not sure if the A/C is considered powertrain.

If everything seems right, have you perhaps lost an airdam underneath your car, or is your condensor clogged with bugs and debris?

Old 06-21-2015, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by gggplaya
you have a 2011 model, has it been 5 years and 60k miles from when you bought it??? It also has a 10 year, 100k mile powertrain warranty, not sure if the A/C is considered powertrain.

If everything seems right, have you perhaps lost an airdam underneath your car, or is your condensor clogged with bugs and debris?
I bought it second hand so I have no transferable warrantee. The air dam looks to be there. The condenser looks clean to me. I can ce the clutch cycling on and off as well as the passenger side fan cycles on and off as well for a few seconds every few seconds. I noticed that the connector for the drivers fan is broken and taped in place. When is the drivers side fan supposed to come on?
I went out and noticed both drivers side vents blow cold(not sure if that's cold enough as the wife's Tacoma could froze a side of beef if needed). But the left passenger vent is definitely warm and the right passenger is in between. I put it to defrost with the a/c and the passenger side is blowing warm.

Old 06-27-2015, 12:24 PM

Take it to dealership, your warranty fully transferable!!!

At Mitsubishi, we are so confident in the quality, reliability and durability of the cars we build that we back our passenger cars and sport utility vehicles with extensive warranties. This list is headed by a 10-year/100,000 mile Powertrain Limited Warranty, a 5-year/60,000 mile fully transferable New Vehicle Limited Warranty, a 7-year/100,000 mile Anti-Corrosion/Perforation Limited Warranty and 5-years/Unlimited miles Roadside Assistance. So now, when you drive off in your new Mitsubishi, you'll leave with even more peace of mind, knowing you can enjoy it to the fullest for many years to come.(Excludes Lancer Ralliart, Lancer Evolution, i-MiEV and Raider - See details below.)

https://www.mitsubishicars.com/owners/service/warranty

Old 06-27-2015, 02:50 PM

I'm in canada and i think we heve different terms for warrantee. I spoke with the dealership and the rechage warrantee was over in two. The a/c might be covered depending on what is wrong. The problem is that the closet dealership is about 15 hrs away from me. Tha and if its not covered i am dingd about $100/hr

Last edited by tweeder; 06-27-2015 at 02:56 PM.
Old 06-27-2015, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by tweeder
I'm in canada and i think we heve different terms for warrantee. I spoke with the dealership and the rechage warrantee was over in two. The a/c might be covered depending on what is wrong. The problem is that the closet dealership is about 15 hrs away from me. Tha and if its not covered i am dingd about $100/hr

15 Hours away?? wow//you must live in the boondocks eh?...I would just take it to a reputable shop close by and see what it needs...its gonna be a long summer with no AC...Good luck..and let us know what happens.

Old 06-27-2015, 07:06 PM

Yeah i was hoping to avoid the shop with the help of the forum. I always turn my own wrenches unless its under warantee.

Old 07-09-2015, 04:44 PM

Any info on where the blend for is, I wanna check that out and see.

Old 07-09-2015, 10:11 PM

You should buy the service tech CD for 2011 on ebay. I got mine for a 2009 for $30.

I'm assuming 2011 will be the same as my 2009 though, it appears the motor which controls mixing is just to the left of the cabin air filter. It appears the housing for the blend is probably going to be behind the center dash somewhere.

Old 07-10-2015, 07:46 AM

Actually it appears someone posted the 2011 manual. You should download it.
https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mi...-manual-44458/

Quick Reply: A/c issue