Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

A/c issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 11:16 AM

FYI I'm in Canada and I have bought 2 Outlanders. Both dealers told me the balance of the warranty applied to me although I have never had to use it I was able to transfer/use the roadside assistance when I needed a tow. I just called them and updated my info and they sent me a truck free of charge.

I called Mitsu Canada about recalls and they updated the owner info and didn't mention anything about the warranty not being valid either.

Old 07-10-2015, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Guyfromhe
FYI I'm in Canada and I have bought 2 Outlanders. Both dealers told me the balance of the warranty applied to me although I have never had to use it I was able to transfer/use the roadside assistance when I needed a tow. I just called them and updated my info and they sent me a truck free of charge.

I called Mitsu Canada about recalls and they updated the owner info and didn't mention anything about the warranty not being valid either.
Yeah I was surprised to find out that the warrantee goes with the vehicle and not the original owner like my past domestics have been. Some of my warrantee has since expired but some is still good and I move the lifetime roadside assistance, again something I have never gotten with my previous domestics.

Old 07-17-2015, 05:32 AM

Gotta quick question, when the a/c is running should both fans be onor just the one on the passenger side?

Old 07-17-2015, 08:56 AM

I only have a 2010 but I'm pretty sure they didn't add dual climate control until 2013 or 14.... I'm pretty sure there is only one fan in the car and I don't think there is any way to control the driver side separately other than by closing the vent...

Obviously check the vent isn't closed and that you are in the right mode but if it's not blowing on one side you could have a broken pipe or obstruction in the system.

Old 07-17-2015, 09:04 AM

Oh crap just re read my post, I was referring to the rad fan. When I have the a/c on, only the passenger fan is working. I haven't had a chance to dig into it yet, I was just remembering what I have seen. And yeah mine doesn't have climate control

Old 07-17-2015, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by tweeder
Oh crap just re read my post, I was referring to the rad fan. When I have the a/c on, only the passenger fan is working. I haven't had a chance to dig into it yet, I was just remembering what I have seen. And yeah mine doesn't have climate control
Wouldn't matter if you're driving down the road, the engine fan is really just there for low speed in town driving or if you're sitting idle.

Old 07-17-2015, 09:24 AM

I can check mine later today if it will help you... I wouldn't expect them to be controlled separately though that would cost a lot of money and serve no purpose..

When they are chopping off parts to save 50 cents I don't think they would add more code, relays and connectors so they could turn one or the other fan on separately.

Maybe check how many wires are going into that fan module if it's got it's own harness..

Last edited by Guyfromhe; 07-17-2015 at 10:02 AM.
Old 07-19-2015, 09:33 PM

I just changed the cabin filter just because and I can see the mechanism change from face vents to defrost and the door close where the fans at so I'm assuming that is alright but I couldn't tell where the door to close off the heat is at if there us one? I did notice that the fan behind the glovebox is blowing warm air, I take it that's getting air from the interior of the cabin? Also one other thing the low pressure a/c line under the hood where the port is, isn't cold, I guess there's not enough freon in the system? If so then why would the gauge show that it's adequate?

Old 07-20-2015, 08:30 AM

I never got to popping my hood to check my fans...

Generally the mix doors are deep inside the dash...

The heat control could possibly be under the hood, you can see if you can find it on the coolant line near where it passes through the firewall or it could possibly be inside the dash as well.

You can check the button on the left that controls outside air/recerc...

If you have correct pressure on your A/C lines check to make sure the A/C pulley is spinning and if that's good check to make sure the A/C clutch is engaging when you turn on A/C and finally it's possible your compressor is bad.
(I saw in the OP you checked this already. I would still say you need to test if the compressor is doing it's actual job. And being efficient at it) Also if your getting hot air when it's set to cold they could be fighting and that could be your problem.

Last edited by Guyfromhe; 07-20-2015 at 08:37 AM.
Old 07-20-2015, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Guyfromhe
I never got to popping my hood to check my fans...

Generally the mix doors are deep inside the dash...

The heat control could possibly be under the hood, you can see if you can find it on the coolant line near where it passes through the firewall or it could possibly be inside the dash as well.

You can check the button on the left that controls outside air/recerc...

If you have correct pressure on your A/C lines check to make sure the A/C pulley is spinning and if that's good check to make sure the A/C clutch is engaging when you turn on A/C and finally it's possible your compressor is bad.
(I saw in the OP you checked this already. I would still say you need to test if the compressor is doing it's actual job. And being efficient at it) Also if your getting hot air when it's set to cold they could be fighting and that could be your problem.
I can see the ac clutch moving and hear it cycle on and off as well as if I pull the relay I can hear the compressor shut off. I get cool air out of the drivers side that eventually warms up. The passenger side is generally warm and gets warmer.

Quick Reply: A/c issue