Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

A/c issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 12:52 PM

It's possible though the compressor is turning it might not be actually functioning 100% or at all..

What if you get the car to operating temp, turn OFF the A/C and set the dial to the coldest setting... Do you get room temp air or hot air?

Old 07-20-2015, 03:07 PM

I just hit the vents with a hand held laser thermometer and with a/c on the drivers side is about 9 and the passengers about 25. A/c off the drivers about 22 and the passengers about 29. The outside air is 21 all Celsius and I was using the recirculating air for these tests as I have noticed in the past there was no difference other than no outside stinky air.

Old 07-20-2015, 04:00 PM

I believe 9 is the correct temp for a working A/C... What does the drivers go down to after a bit of running?

That's weird that it's not getting to the passenger side... Maybe a mixing door is stuck somewhere?

Old 07-20-2015, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Guyfromhe
I believe 9 is the correct temp for a working A/C... What does the drivers go down to after a bit of running?

That's weird that it's not getting to the passenger side... Maybe a mixing door is stuck somewhere?
I'll have to check the drivers vent temp again when it really gets hot and see if it's still at that temp and not the ambient temp of the vehicle making it feel like it's blowing warmer. Yeah with the drivers and passenger temp differences, it doesn't matter if it's on the face vents or the defrost vents, the temps the same.

Old 07-20-2015, 07:05 PM

It's odd that it's that much hotter than outside with the A/C off..
I'd seriously wonder if the heat is stuck on and somehow being pushed into the passanger side...

Old 07-20-2015, 07:19 PM

Yeah I just talked to the dealer and he has in the past had an outlander with these symptoms and it turned out to be the door on the drivers jumped its tracks and wouldn't close properly allowing heat to get into the system. He looks and said that it looks like it will still be covered under warrantee but I would need to bring it in as usually if the vehicle is drivable Mitsubishi wants it at their dealership. I was told to call Mitsubishi Canada and see if they will sublet the warrantee to a local dealer as I'm like 17 hrs away from the nearest Mitsubishi dealer

Old 07-20-2015, 08:29 PM

lucky you... I hope they work that out so you don't have to go cross country for your warranty may have expired when you got there :P

Old 07-20-2015, 08:31 PM

I'm more worried about driving in this August heat to get there, thats why i was hoping to fix it myself.

Oh if you could i'm still curious about if both fans are supposed to be on or not

Last edited by tweeder; 07-20-2015 at 08:34 PM.
Old 07-20-2015, 10:19 PM

It's dark out right now, I will try and remember to check tomorrow before work and post back.

Old 07-20-2015, 10:21 PM

No prob thanks man.

Quick Reply: A/c issue