Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Canoe on Outlander

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 07:56 AM
Default Canoe on Outlander

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if anyone out there transports a canoe on top of an Outlander?

It is no worries about strapping it down crossways, I am more concerned about the front of the canoe.

I put a hood deflector on mine, and I don't know how to tie the canoe down without breaking the deflector.

Any suggestions?? Maybe pictures?

Old 07-15-2009, 02:08 PM
tcp
Default Not sure how they tie it down, can ask.

when we bought our outlander in 2007, we did a double deal with some friends of ours who bought the same vehicle. They moved from Calgary to Halifax shortly thereafter, spending several months traveling across Canada to see the country on their way. They travelled with a canoe on top, two bikes on a hitch adapter and towing a trailer. Here's the only pic of their setup I can find. Can you extend the nose of the canoe so the tiedown rope is across the front bumper instead of the wind deflector? you can then pad the rope against the bumper and tie it to something(towing loop or something) underneath.

Originally Posted by ikeandtike
Hey Guys,

I was wondering if anyone out there transports a canoe on top of an Outlander?

It is no worries about strapping it down crossways, I am more concerned about the front of the canoe.

I put a hood deflector on mine, and I don't know how to tie the canoe down without breaking the deflector.

Any suggestions?? Maybe pictures?

Attached Thumbnails Canoe on Outlander-img_0255.jpg  

Last edited by tcp; 07-15-2009 at 02:25 PM. Reason: more words