Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Outlander LS 2008 vs Outlander XLS 2010

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 07:54 AM
Default Outlander LS 2008 vs Outlander XLS 2010

I plan to change my 08 for a 2010, if i can sell my 08 .
I have the 08 with the normal tire size, and the 10 have the big one, is their a better ground clearance ? Or its just in my head that i feel Higher?
Also the S-AWD, what is the different with the normal system ?

Old 05-14-2010, 08:15 AM

I think the 2010 have the SWAC All Wheel..

Basically a better, more refined version of whats in 07-09s

Old 05-14-2010, 02:37 PM

There is no ground clearance difference between 08 and 10 models. From 2010 year model the only thing thats actually worth anything is the SAWC and the cool color speedometer display, and the front dash leather accents. Oh, and 2010 year model is a bit more quieter inside, I guess Mitsu put more sound proof material on the firewall, its pretty much a bunch of little refinements. But in all honesty, unless you have too much money on your account (your 2008 Outlander will take a big financial hit), I wouldn't even bother replacing 2008 to 2010, I would just wait for the next generation Outlander that should come out around 2012. Besides, I am not a big fan of that Evo grille on 2010 Outlander, actually I would prefer a 2007-2009 design with SAWC but thats not happening :S

Here is some info on SAWC: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_S-AWC

SAWC is really impressive, but only Outlander GT has it. In fact, according to edmunds slalom tests, from the SUV/CUV stand point, Outlander GT was only beaten by BMW X6M (and beat a lot of impressive competition):

http://blogs.insideline.com/straight...lander-gt.html

Old 05-15-2010, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by blitzkrieg79
There is no ground clearance difference between 08 and 10 models. From 2010 year model the only thing thats actually worth anything is the SAWC and the cool color speedometer display, and the front dash leather accents. Oh, and 2010 year model is a bit more quieter inside, I guess Mitsu put more sound proof material on the firewall, its pretty much a bunch of little refinements. But in all honesty, unless you have too much money on your account (your 2008 Outlander will take a big financial hit), I wouldn't even bother replacing 2008 to 2010, I would just wait for the next generation Outlander that should come out around 2012. Besides, I am not a big fan of that Evo grille on 2010 Outlander, actually I would prefer a 2007-2009 design with SAWC but thats not happening :S

SAWC is really impressive, but only Outlander GT has it. In fact, according to edmunds slalom tests, from the SUV/CUV stand point, Outlander GT was only beaten by BMW X6M (and beat a lot of impressive competition):

Ok but from a 16 tire to a 18, is there a difference of ground clearance ?
In canada we dont have the GT model, the GT here is XLS, that basicly the GT, same option.
Thanks

Old 05-15-2010, 02:19 PM

GT has some subtle differences compared to the Canadian XLS. The removal of the roof rails along and the addition of minor trim come to mind on the GT. Likewise, no FUSE bluetooth/iPod system.
Although the rims are bigger, the tires are smaller and hence preserve the ride height and speedometre accuracy.

Old 05-15-2010, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by ivanz
GT has some subtle differences compared to the Canadian XLS. The removal of the roof rails along and the addition of minor trim come to mind on the GT. Likewise, no FUSE bluetooth/iPod system.
Although the rims are bigger, the tires are smaller and hence preserve the ride height and speedometre accuracy.

Ha i tought they where the same, like the XLS better ?
they should have put a turbo on the GT :P
I wonder why the GT not available to canada :s

Old 02-04-2011, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by blitzkrieg79

So a quick question :
the 08 LS have 16 inch
the 10 XLS have 18 inch

will the 18 inch dont make more ground clearance ? + - 1 inch ?

Old 02-04-2011, 04:45 PM

The two wheel size are the same rolling diameter

http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCal...mp;vehicle=yes

225/55 r18 = 215/70 r16

Attached Thumbnails Outlander LS 2008 vs Outlander XLS 2010-wheels.jpg  
Old 02-04-2011, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by armymen
Ha i tought they where the same, like the XLS better ?
they should have put a turbo on the GT :P
I wonder why the GT not available to canada :s
the xls is the same as the gt, just cosmetic differences and the FUSE system. if you realyl wanted you could make a gt a xls im sure...

Old 02-04-2011, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by armymen
So a quick question :
the 08 LS have 16 inch
the 10 XLS have 18 inch

will the 18 inch dont make more ground clearance ? + - 1 inch ?
exactly the same.with 16inch rims there is thicker rubber (tires). with 18inch rims there is a bigger rim, but thinner tires.

Quick Reply: Outlander LS 2008 vs Outlander XLS 2010