Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Cargo Area Cover

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 10:41 AM
Default Cargo Area Cover

Does anybody have one that can say if it is worth the $115?

Old 02-08-2008, 11:02 AM
Default RE: Cargo Area Cover

I don't have it with my XLS, and I'm glad I didn't because I don't like having it anyway. If it was free I'd take it but I won't even pay 20$ for it. The cargo area in my XLS is used all the time, I would always use the 3rd row seat. So it's a big hassle if I had it and it would have ended up in my basement anyway. I have the RF sound and there's no way for me to stow it away on the floor.

But if you don't have or don't use the 3rd row seat that much, that might a nice addition to have. Although I don't know if it's really worth to spend 115$ for. I'd rather spend that money on roof rack/tow accessory if it was me.

Old 02-08-2008, 11:17 AM

It came stock with my car and I like it. I think I would have bought it anyway. I'm thinking to buy the cargo utility bars as parts from the dealer. Anyone selling them?

Old 02-08-2008, 11:18 AM

I was kinda bummed and shocked that the XL models have it, but the XLS models don't. Usually the higher model gets the goodies.

I don't use the 3rd row much and with 2 little ones in the 2nd row i can't even enjoy the RF to it's fullest so having the cover would be nice. We end up at the mall, grocery store, lunch and Sam's club all in an afternoon, so covering up what we bought at one place when going into another would be beneficial.

Can anyone comment about whether it's cheaply made or if it would stand up over time and use?

Old 02-08-2008, 11:25 AM

dodo2,
What color is yours?

I have the beige interior and I was wondering how close the beigecolor cover matches to the other plastic parts inside.

Old 02-08-2008, 11:50 AM
tcp

I got one with my LS (convenience pkg). It is a substantial piece and I'm pretty sure it'll hold up for the life of the vehicle. probably weighs about 10-12lbs. Haven't used it much since strollers and chariot usually sit up higher than the cover.

ORIGINAL: Cuffy

I was kinda bummed and shocked that the XL models have it, but the XLS models don't. Usually the higher model gets the goodies.

I don't use the 3rd row much and with 2 little ones in the 2nd row i can't even enjoy the RF to it's fullest so having the cover would be nice. We end up at the mall, grocery store, lunch and Sam's club all in an afternoon, so covering up what we bought at one place when going into another would be beneficial.

Can anyone comment about whether it's cheaply made or if it would stand up over time and use?

Old 02-08-2008, 12:00 PM

It came stock with my 07 Canadian XLS and I really like it especially when doing shopping in the Christmas time and going from places to places you can cover your stuff it's really well madeand work's good to.

Old 02-08-2008, 01:03 PM

Well its an accessory so if your vehicle came with it its because the dealer put it there or ordered it that way. Mine did come with one, XLS, and if it didnt I would have had the dealer throw it in. A $100 accessory doesnt mean didle to the purchase of a brand new vehicle...

Its made pretty well. Its easy to install and remove. If you are putting things in the back that would creat attention (shopping bags, electronics etc.) its a good idea to have. With having the Rockford sub and the ocasional laptop, golf clubs, shopping bags back there I'm glad to have so that IF someone was peaking in they wouldnt be able to see those things...

Old 02-08-2008, 02:44 PM

Mine is black and the interior is black too. I too share the opinion that it's useful, well made,easy to useand I think it would last.
The cargo cover was standard on the Canadian 07 Outlanders,LS w/Convenience and XLS models. It is not anymore on the MY08 IIRC. Mitsu also deleted the utility cargo barsfor the Canadian 2008 XLS model.

Old 02-08-2008, 03:36 PM

I bought it. I got the xls and it didnt come with it. I got it for 115$. I dont use the 3rd row seat, I never planned on it and I have the cargo tray in place anyway. The window tint isnt dark enough and you cant hide anything in the trunk so I had two options of tinting the windows darker or buying it. I leave stuff in my trunk sometimes and I dont want someone walking by to be able to look in and see it. Someone is more likely going to rob a car with items in plain view before chanceing it with a car that they have no clue whats in it.

Quick Reply: Cargo Area Cover