Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Cargo Area Cover

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 05:40 PM
Default RE: Cargo Area Cover

i too have it and it came free with my 07 xls and the piece is well built
since i dont have the rf system with the subwoofer i can easily clip it awayat the provided recesses just above the floor where the tailgate is... if i do decide to use the 3rd row seats

Old 02-08-2008, 06:41 PM

Mine came standard, but I used the 3rd row almost every week for a while so it's been in my garage for the last 4 months, not sure I will put it back, maybe when Iknow I'll be leaving the car unattended in public areas for extended periodes of time. If I didn't have the subwoofer I could probably leave it in the car even with the 3rd row, but as it stands I have a hard time finding a place fort ifI decide to use the 3rd row when I'm on the road.

Old 02-09-2008, 04:51 AM
Kju

My car came with the cover and it's really useful if you have a lot of stuff in the trunk that you don't want anyone to see. In the 8 months I have the car now, I've only used the 3rd row seats once, so I just left the cover in my garage when I needed the 3rd row. I found it really useful on vacation because I could leave the car unattended without worrying. I was actually surprised about the space because inspite carrying luggage for three adults and a 2 year old plus a tricycle I was still able to close the cover.

Old 02-09-2008, 09:16 AM
tcp

I think there is a set of mounts for it on either side at floor level behind the second row of seats. It's been a while since I looked, so don't quote me, but i think you can just mount down there, out of the way. You may need to slide the seats forward a bit or tilt them a bit more upright to use it. Check it out though.

ORIGINAL: Kju

My car came with the cover and it's really useful if you have a lot of stuff in the trunk that you don't want anyone to see. In the 8 months I have the car now, I've only used the 3rd row seats once, so I just left the cover in my garage when I needed the 3rd row. I found it really useful on vacation because I could leave the car unattended without worrying. I was actually surprised about the space because inspite carrying luggage for three adults and a 2 year old plus a tricycle I was still able to close the cover.

Old 02-09-2008, 01:07 PM
Kju

I think there is a set of mounts for it on either side at floor level behind the second row of seats. It's been a while since I looked, so don't quote me, but i think you can just mount down there, out of the way. You may need to slide the seats forward a bit or tilt them a bit more upright to use it. Check it out though.
I'll check it tomorrow when I clean the car because that would be really useful

Old 02-09-2008, 02:27 PM

The mount is only on the models with out subwoofer.

Old 02-09-2008, 07:31 PM

Starting a car then leaving it running unattended in the UK you can be prosecuted and get 3 points on your licence

puddy

Old 02-09-2008, 09:26 PM
tcp

It probably hasn't been below -30C there lately either.

ORIGINAL: puddy

Starting a car then leaving it running unattended in the UK you can be prosecuted and get 3 points on your licence

puddy

Old 02-10-2008, 10:10 AM

ORIGINAL: tcp

It probably hasn't been below -30C there lately either.
lol, man thats cold... dont know how you do it

You can get a ticket in some cities in US for "puffing" too, but at those temps WGAF

Old 02-10-2008, 04:08 PM

At -30 degrees I dont think a cop is going to get out and write down all your info for having your car run. Atleast the ones around my way wouldnt.

Quick Reply: Cargo Area Cover