Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Cheapest place for cabin air filter

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 01:37 PM
Default Cheapest place for cabin air filter

Has anyone found a good price on the Cabin/ACC Air Filter for the 07/08 Outlanders? Dealer wants $90 for a new one. Has to be someone online with a cheaper price.

Old 06-25-2008, 12:15 PM
tcp
Default RE: Cheapest place for cabin air filter

Take the old one out and take it to a shop that sells aftermarket ones. Try one from a 2005-2008 Toyota Sienna or Camry...I haven't tried it but i bet it fits.

Old 06-26-2008, 01:32 AM

This is what some ppl do. Take the factory one out and measure it, and goto Home Depot or Lowes and buy the ones you use for your furnace, cut it to size, and stick back in.

Old 07-01-2008, 12:27 AM

My dealer had 2007 Outlander cabin filters for $40 which seemed silly (though it seems like a bargain compared to your dealer). I went to Advance Auto Parts and went through every box of cabin filters they had. The Toyota Sienna filters didn't match, but I found Purolator C35530 for $12 which was an exact match in dimensions. The only difference is that the OEM had a cardboard frame on all four sides, but the Purolator had a frame only on two sides (front and back as inserted in slot). It works perfectly well. Hope this helps.

Purolator C35530

Old 07-01-2008, 09:07 AM

ebay has them for the outlander by tyc here a link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mitsu...spagenameZWDVW

Old 07-01-2008, 10:52 AM

Good Find! I just called the dealer in Norco, CA they wanted $48.58 for that cabin air filter (Part#MR398288). I said WOW! He said it has carbon it in.. So what's so special about it? ahaahaha.

Old 07-02-2008, 12:42 PM
tcp
Default EBAY!

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Mitsubishi-Outlan...QQcmdZViewItem

edit: oops didn't see above.

Old 07-02-2008, 02:06 PM
Default RE: EBAY!

it's supposed to absorb all the bad stuff and neutralize it if it has carbon in it. the generic ones may only trap dirt.

Old 07-11-2008, 10:52 PM
Default RE: EBAY!

Just picked up two from the eBay auction above. They look almost identical to the OEM one, same size and layout just white in color. Can anyone confirm if their OEM filter has a grey fabric? Mine doesn't look dirty, but its grey and I've never seen a grey filter.

Also, I've been told that the OEM filter does not contain carbon. Can anyone confirm the truth to this?

Old 04-29-2009, 06:56 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by packlad
My dealer had 2007 Outlander cabin filters for $40 which seemed silly (though it seems like a bargain compared to your dealer). I went to Advance Auto Parts and went through every box of cabin filters they had. The Toyota Sienna filters didn't match, but I found Purolator C35530 for $12 which was an exact match in dimensions. The only difference is that the OEM had a cardboard frame on all four sides, but the Purolator had a frame only on two sides (front and back as inserted in slot). It works perfectly well. Hope this helps.

Purolator C35530
Thanks Packlad...you saved me $30+ at the dealer...the Purolator C35530 air purifier filter (a.k.a. cabin filter) is an exact match for my 2007 Outlander (USA). Works great.

Also, I was a bit worried about getting to the housing filter after reading some of the other posts on this forum. But, it was extremely simple to drop the glove box. Just push apart the glove box side and console to get the 2 plastic stops past the console trim. There is one on each side of the glove box (doing the one closest to the driver side first worked best for me). Then detach the small plastic "hydraulic rail" from the console (just a snap-on ****), leave the other side the "rail" attached to the glove box. Now the glove box will swing all the way down/open. I didn't encounter any bolts or screws. The filter housing just had a snap on cover. The whole procedure took less than 2 minutes. BTW, air flow for the filter is top to bottom (arrow pointing down).

Quick Reply: Cheapest place for cabin air filter