Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Cheapest place for cabin air filter

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 07:09 PM

good find, although a bit late for me, I will keep in mind

Old 04-30-2009, 04:37 PM

Go to logical-source.com. I purchased 2 for my outlander at $4.76 each with shipping at about $5.50 to CA.
Don't know if prices went up since then but I bought mine last March 5. It's pretty good.

It's a TYC brand #800106P Replacement for OEM7803A004. Right down to the 2 plastic strips to hold the filament spaces even are there as well as the written direction of airflow facing the front of the filter when you remove the latch holding it. Each package has pics on DIY. Highly recommended.

Old 10-28-2010, 10:51 AM

The cabin filter for a 2005 Nissan Altima 4 cyl fits the Outlander just fine and is what I've been using. The Fram # for the filter is CF10140. You can use that number to cross reference to other brands or just look up the number for a 2005 Altima.

Old 10-29-2010, 12:34 AM

The dealer in Canada wanted $40. I tried to get Purolator but couldn't get it in Toronto. So I ordered Wix on ebay for $41. I know there might be cheaper ones but I decided to get a better quality filter considering that It's done 1-2 a year max. If someone is interested on Wix this is the only seller that I could find online hiresautomotive

Old 11-01-2010, 04:17 PM

Just go to the local Car Quest and get one. They sell replacement parts. I went to my local store to get one last friday and they did not have one, but they ordered it for me. I got that the next day. The carbin filter only costed me around $12.

And the replacement steps are easy. Just take away the glove box, remove the white panel inside and take the old one out and replace a new one. Then put everything back in place and you are good to go.

Old 11-06-2010, 05:37 PM

is there difference between cabin air filters between 4 cylinder and 6 cylinder Outlanders?

Amazon.com shows that Purolator C35530 will Not fit my Outlander.

Old 11-07-2010, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Oj83
The dealer in Canada wanted $40. I tried to get Purolator but couldn't get it in Toronto. So I ordered Wix on ebay for $41. I know there might be cheaper ones but I decided to get a better quality filter considering that It's done 1-2 a year max. If someone is interested on Wix this is the only seller that I could find online hiresautomotive
Spam?

No way on earth would I pay $41 for any single use filter. Last time I checked Wix is not gold plated. Plus you are talking about a cabin air filter not the engine air filter. Don't fall for marketing hype.

Originally Posted by ruski
is there difference between cabin air filters between 4 cylinder and 6 cylinder Outlanders?

Amazon.com shows that Purolator C35530 will Not fit my Outlander.
No there is no difference in the cabin air filter based on engine size.

Amazon has no better insight than any other auto parts store I've checked. All of the auto parts stores I've checked say that they do not carry the cabin air filter for the 2007 and newer Outlander and they can't order it, even if they sell Purolator filters.

One post mentioned Quest Auto Parts carries them. There is not a Quest nearby so I can't verify this.

One thing I can verify is the Purolator C35530 is an exact match. Trust me. I found it hard to believe initially as well. But it is true.

Why doesn't Purolator list this model as a match for the Outlander? I don't know. Maybe Mitsubishi won't give them approval. Maybe not. Who knows. All I know is it is a perfect fit.

If you are really concerned, Amazon normally allows free returns. Better yet, buy it locally and a return will not be an issue. I've paid approximately $12-13 at the local auto parts store (Advance Auto Parts if I remember correctly) for the Purolator.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Flood; 11-07-2010 at 10:01 PM. Reason: corrected store name
Old 11-07-2010, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator

I don't think it's spam since he's only indicating that's the only place he was able to find it online.

Old 12-09-2012, 10:27 AM

Are you guys sure the air flow for the filter is top to bottom (arrow pointing down AND words "made in China" upside down too)??

Because if it's upside down, then all the crap and debris would fall down towards the ground and into the housing.

Old 12-09-2012, 11:28 AM

what does your manual say ????

Quick Reply: Cheapest place for cabin air filter