Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Check DPF System 😔

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2022, 12:09 AM
Default Check DPF System 😔

Hi there, needing some advice ASAP as this car is driving me crazy - a week ago I had the EGR warning, took it off cleaned it out (had seen some black-ish smoke maybe twice) wasn't too bad- as soon as I reconnected that the car then came up with Check DPF System, I've since put in 3 bottles of DPF cleaner (Forte, Redex and Wynns) and had the engine Carbon Cleaned but no difference - I've driven hundreds of miles with these bottles in - car is a half power until you clear the codes then you get 10 secs of full power.... ?? Outlander 62 reg 2.2 TD GX4

Old 05-25-2022, 07:10 AM

A black smoke? Check the intake hoses before and after intercooler (they may have hidden cracks which opens up at high RPMs or load). The real test would be to take MUT-III and record target and actual boost pressures as well as target and actual EGR valve positions.
I've recently got a black smoke just because of such crack in hose between the intercooler and throttle valve. Changing that hose solved my issue, however there are 4 hoses (2 plastic and 2 rubber ones) between throttle inlet and turbo charger in 4N14 engine, any of those hose, if broken, can cause the black smoke.

Old 05-25-2022, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by daem0n
A black smoke? Check the intake hoses before and after intercooler (they may have hidden cracks which opens up at high RPMs or load). The real test would be to take MUT-III and record target and actual boost pressures as well as target and actual EGR valve positions.
I've recently got a black smoke just because of such crack in hose between the intercooler and throttle valve. Changing that hose solved my issue, however there are 4 hoses (2 plastic and 2 rubber ones) between throttle inlet and turbo charger in 4N14 engine, any of those hose, if broken, can cause the black smoke.
Hey there thanks for the reply - the few secs of black smoke a couple of times was just before i cleaned the EGR valve, had nothing since at all, i'm wondering about some kind of sensor as when I clear the code the car runs perfect - for 10 secs at a time 😔

Old 05-29-2022, 03:11 AM

What is the fault code?