Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Chinese DVD / Radio / GPS Installation

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 03:16 PM

DREAGER: Do you have pictures of the radio and set up screen?

Three things I'd like to change on mine:
1. Automatic time out to the GPS instead of pushing a buttom to go from Radio to Navi.
2. Igo8 start up on map screen instead of menu screen and/or always time out to map screen. If I want to find or menu I'll push the buttons on the map screen.
3. THE NEWER RADIO INTERFACE! Anyone got any ideas on how to update the software?

Last edited by traveler31m; 11-09-2009 at 03:19 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:57 PM

i need to know which type of GPS/DVD unit you have (the 7" one or the 8" one)
if it's 7" then i will send you the iGO8 sys.txt file that you need to copy and overwrite on existing sys.txt on the root folder of IGO8
then you should delete a file name : system.ini form the folder \\IGO8 \save\systen.ini
and run the software and every thing should be ok.
better to copy your current SD card some where so if my solution did not work you can copy your IGO setting back to your SD card.
so send me your email or use the text bellow and copy and paste to your curreny sys.txt

========================
[folders]
app="%SDCARD%/iGO8"
[interface]
skin="ui_igo8"
resolution_dir="480_234"
vga=0
[rawdisplay]
class="landscape"
screen_x=480
screen_y=234
[gps]
port=2
baud=9600
[debug]
skip_eula=1
enable_roadshadow=1
[map]
auto_nightmode=0
[msnd]
msnd.start=0
=================

Old 11-12-2009, 12:35 AM

Thanks but I have the 8" DVD/GPS.

Old 11-18-2009, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by draeger
I bought it at http://www.compucn.com
The seller said it does support RF system but my Outlander doesn't have an RF system.
Yes, the steering wheel button works well.
Bluetooth function is good.
I contacted this company and they sent me their offer. On attached pictures backside of their unit looks different than original - lot's of RCA jacks. How did you connected it to the existing wires? Did you mounted by yourself?

Old 11-18-2009, 10:28 PM

My first post, great informative forum you guys have here.

I have just purchased the new 2010 ZH Outlander and want to upgrade the head unit.

After a read of this thread, I decided to buy the same unit as draeger as it looks cooler than the others (my opinion).

I contacted http://www.compucn.com and they have no stock.

EDIT: I just received an email from them and they do have stock?

My only concern is, they want to be paid with TT (whatever that is) or Western Union.

I'm not too keen on Western Union, however, seems that a few of you didn't have any problems getting your item or did you?

The description states that it will work with the steering controls, is that out of the box or do I need to buy something else?

Last edited by oldsalt; 11-19-2009 at 12:52 AM.
Old 11-19-2009, 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by oldsalt
My first post, great informative forum you guys have here.

I have just purchased the new 2010 ZH Outlander and want to upgrade the head unit.

After a read of this thread, I decided to buy the same unit as draeger as it looks cooler than the others (my opinion).

I contacted http://www.compucn.com and they have no stock.

EDIT: I just received an email from them and they do have stock?

My only concern is, they want to be paid with TT (whatever that is) or Western Union.

I'm not too keen on Western Union, however, seems that a few of you didn't have any problems getting your item or did you?

The description states that it will work with the steering controls, is that out of the box or do I need to buy something else?

TT is telegraphic transfer. I paid the guy via Western Union.

The steering wheel control works perfectly. No need to buy additional parts for that.

Old 11-19-2009, 03:14 PM
Thumbs down

MEHR_AK: is

[msnd]
msnd.start=0

the command I need to add to my sys.txt file to make Igo8 always start up at the Map screen instead of the Menu screen?

Is there a command that makes Igo8 always time out to the Map screen so it alawys goes back to the Map Screen automatically?

Old 11-21-2009, 02:46 AM

2 weeks old
HI,
As you are aware I bought one of these.

The guy I bought it from didn't have the size, however, he said it would fit my 2010 outlander.

I just found a measurement on the web and it states it's 263mm wide at the top and 210 at the bottom.

If it is 263 at the top, I doubt if it will fit as I measure the existing one at 259mm.

draeger, can you please do me a huge favour and measure the top and bottom of your installed unit please?

I only have about a day until they ship the unit to me and I don't want to send it back if it won't fit.

Then again, maybe the site with the measurement listed at 263 mm wide is wrong?

Old 11-22-2009, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by oldsalt
HI,
As you are aware I bought one of these.

The guy I bought it from didn't have the size, however, he said it would fit my 2010 outlander.

I just found a measurement on the web and it states it's 263mm wide at the top and 210 at the bottom.

If it is 263 at the top, I doubt if it will fit as I measure the existing one at 259mm.

draeger, can you please do me a huge favour and measure the top and bottom of your installed unit please?

I only have about a day until they ship the unit to me and I don't want to send it back if it won't fit.

Then again, maybe the site with the measurement listed at 263 mm wide is wrong?
It's about 256 at the top and 210 at the bottom.

Old 11-22-2009, 04:54 PM

It's about 256 at the top and 210 at the bottom.
Thanks very much, looks like it's going to be a good fit.

Quick Reply: Chinese DVD / Radio / GPS Installation