Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Chinese DVD / Radio / GPS Installation

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 11:26 PM

Hi Oj83

You are absolutely right no the panel part. I ordered it from Janpanparts, and it cost me about $120 something.

For the bluetooth, it is the mito-02 retain the function. I have tried to connect mito-02 only and press the bluetooth button, it worked without any head unit.

Right now, the media button on the steal wheel only works on controling the Bluetooth volumes, not the head unit, because the Mito-02 only offered break, headlight detect, reverse and speed function cables for the head unit.

But the head unit has the program in place already, no need to get another adapter. All it need is to re-wire. By that said, I have ordered a new 21pin connector. Once I wire the control cables (2 of them) and the rest together, everything will work.

Originally Posted by Oj83
Hey greatcat,
some guys have installed similar units and they've lost the original bluetooth system. Is it the MITO 02 that will retain it right away or you need to do some wiring tricks?
What about the steering wheel buttons do they work (I think you mentioned that the Mode button doesn't work )? Most of the units require another adapter for SW controls.

To destinet:

There are 2 types of OEM dash panels. One is wide screen (which is compatible with the OEM multimedia unit), the other one is for after market double din units. Of what I've seen they cost about $100-150
You have cheaper panels from Metra for $40 but they don't match the rest of the car.

Old 03-14-2010, 11:36 PM

To make it more clear:

1. Mito-02 worth to buy (although it is over-priced), because it turns on RF amplifier AND it retains the bluetooth functions AND it serves the reverse signal that make your camera wiring much easier.

2. The Flyaudio unit I have installed has the ability to be controlled by the multimedia buttons, no extra adapter needed. That means if your truck has NO RF sound system, all sound sunctions will be retained by plug and play.

3. DO NOT buy the Metra panel, it will NOT match the dash, looks VERY cheap and VERY HARD to fit a double-Din

Old 03-18-2010, 02:57 PM

Hi,

Originally Posted by greatcat
Hi Oj83

You are absolutely right no the panel part. I ordered it from Janpanparts, and it cost me about $120 something.
Whoa very expensive, I bought one from chinese-factory.com for $55, the exact same model as the Outlander.

Old 03-18-2010, 04:00 PM

That's good for you. I will consider to order from them in the future.

Originally Posted by Erik06
Hi,

Whoa very expensive, I bought one from chinese-factory.com for $55, the exact same model as the Outlander.

Old 03-23-2010, 05:02 PM

Hey folks,
I want to hook up an iPod with full control to my stock RF 6-disc CD changer setup. Can anybody that had the system and pulled it out help me determine if it has a black, s-video like, connector in the back?
I know the MMCS has support for it, but I can't any info if the non-NAV RF system has support for it.

Old 03-24-2010, 06:21 PM

I did not see it.

Originally Posted by ivanz
Hey folks,
I want to hook up an iPod with full control to my stock RF 6-disc CD changer setup. Can anybody that had the system and pulled it out help me determine if it has a black, s-video like, connector in the back?
I know the MMCS has support for it, but I can't any info if the non-NAV RF system has support for it.

Old 03-24-2010, 08:37 PM

I did not see it.
Thanks for checking. I knew it...too bad considering the 6 disc changer can barely store 4 GB in total. An iPod could be up to 160 GB without having to re-burn CDs with with new music. Oh well...

Old 03-25-2010, 03:53 PM

Just use the two RCA input under the arm rest. Need to buy a cable, but will solve the problem....

Thanks for checking. I knew it...too bad considering the 6 disc changer can barely store 4 GB in total. An iPod could be up to 160 GB without having to re-burn CDs with with new music. Oh well...

Old 03-25-2010, 04:42 PM

Just use the two RCA input under the arm rest. Need to buy a cable, but will solve the problem....
They are just input and require me to fiddle with the iPod while driving. Not only is it illegal here, but practically impossible on my commute without getting into an accident (lots of unpredictable full stops from 100 km/h, idiot drivers that merge at 50 km/h, etc). Plus the sound quality is quite bad compared to an MP3 CD...which defeats the whole purpose of a good sound system.

Old 03-25-2010, 06:04 PM

Yeah~I'm with you...

If you really want to keep your 6 CD head Unit, it seems the options are pretty limited.

Why not just get a aftermarket navigation system with ipod functions 

They are just input and require me to fiddle with the iPod while driving. Not only is it illegal here, but practically impossible on my commute without getting into an accident (lots of unpredictable full stops from 100 km/h, idiot drivers that merge at 50 km/h, etc). Plus the sound quality is quite bad compared to an MP3 CD...which defeats the whole purpose of a good sound system.

Quick Reply: Chinese DVD / Radio / GPS Installation