Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Chinese DVD / Radio / GPS Installation

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 11:49 PM
Old 03-26-2010, 01:21 AM

Hi, i have first one from ipmart and iam very happy with it. The only thing is, that it doesnt charge my ipod, but iam working on this. The screen is great, no problems during winter (no screen freezing, outside temp -20C), navi is great too, gps signal is found immediately, radio reception is 1000% better like stock radio, has no rds but i want to listen music, not to read station name :-)))... U can watch dvd's while driving (with one mod), iam using rear camera, working perfectly... I'll post some pics this weekend...

Old 03-26-2010, 02:56 AM
Default Hi

Originally Posted by monkasko
Hi, i have first one from ipmart and iam very happy with it. The only thing is, that it doesnt charge my ipod, but iam working on this. The screen is great, no problems during winter (no screen freezing, outside temp -20C), navi is great too, gps signal is found immediately, radio reception is 1000% better like stock radio, has no rds but i want to listen music, not to read station name :-)))... U can watch dvd's while driving (with one mod), iam using rear camera, working perfectly... I'll post some pics this weekend...
Hi Monkasko,
I have the exact same one like from ipmart but it sure doesn't sound as good as my stock 6-cd changer. The subwoofer is noticably weaker. And I also have a fader problem.
Can you take a picture of the main harness for me? Or even better if you can also tell me the colors to each wire on the connector. I can send u my harness picture. I think there's something wrong with my wiring harness. I'm still in the process of figuring it out or try something. I did manage to make the watching dvd while driving work though (ground the brown wire).

Also which GPS software do you use? I use igo8 it works fine except for timezone prob mismatch. i have tried others like tomtom and garmin but there's problme with each one. like tomtom would shows blinking low battery icon & timezone problems.

u can email me vastelectron@yahoo.com if you like to send me the pictures

thanks

Old 04-05-2010, 01:06 PM
ash

I had to cut the surround of the plug off to make it work as it was jamming as I tried to plug it in, not an ideal solution but it works, held together with a cable tie.

Old 04-09-2010, 09:34 PM

Hi,

Do you know how much fee should I expect for customs for customers in Canada?

Another question,
USB, SD card reader, USB1.1/ USB2.0 port, do not support movable hard disk
Any particular reason the movable Hard Disk doesnt work? Not enough power comming from the USB port?

Any chance I can get High resolution of the head unit?
I was wondering wha't sthe 2 small slot on each side of the screen is for?

And is the USB port a regular one? Or some sort of USB mini?

Thanks

Originally Posted by compucn
Please see new links http://www.compucn.com/Outlander-dvd-gps-player.html

some special features,

1. Support can-bus control
2. Support Rockford sound system
3. Working well in different climates
4. Built-out microphone
5. Special rearview camera for Outlander available

Price is a bit more expensive that others, but worth it

Old 04-09-2010, 09:43 PM

What specific CAN Bus functions are implemented? Besides steering wheel controls and activation of RF amp, can you control windows, locks, climate control, ECU settings? Can it display engine temperature, speed, fuel usage, etc? Can you change the customizable settings like the OEM nav does (i.e how many times turn signal blinks, etc)?
It seems rather expensive at $778+local taxes (12%)...I can easily build a CarPC which has tons more features than this along with a huge hard drive.

Last edited by ivanz; 04-09-2010 at 09:48 PM.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:45 AM
ash

In a word no.

Old 04-11-2010, 07:45 AM

Hi Guys,

I need help, I successfully installed a Clarion NX509E using a Mito-02, on this unit there is no Hand free system integrated. So I wanted to keep the original one.

But I have a problem with the Mito-02 I guess, I can either get the Hand-free system working or Steering-wheel control working.

Is there a specific setup or connection that I can made to have both working ?

Thanks for any help....

Erik

Old 04-13-2010, 11:10 AM

I have actually tried to cut and wire the control wires. But then all the function buttons seems to mixed up. I.e. the volume up button will answer the phone calls...etc.

The bottom line is (I guess), unless there is new firmware come out to re-program the buttons, they will not work together properly.

Old 04-13-2010, 04:10 PM
Default rear camera connection

Hi everyone,
I bought a similar unit off ebay, and it looks and works as promised (i'll post a short review soon) but one thing I can't get to work properly is the rear view camera.
How did you guys wire it? I can get it working just fine when connected to AUX, but is there a way to get the picture on automatically when put in reverse? Wiring diagram from the unit shows a purple wire as "rear camera input" only threre are 3 purple wires
Cheers,
Martin

Quick Reply: Chinese DVD / Radio / GPS Installation