Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Chinese DVD / Radio / GPS Installation

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 12:57 PM

Hey ajoesmith,

I received that unit from autodvdgps last fall and installed it myself into my 2009 Outlander. I had the stock deck, no Rockford system.

I can confirm that out of the box it is plug-and-play with 2 harnesses. Your steering whell controls for volume, mode, and song up/down will work, however, bluetooth controls on the steering wheel do not work. This is ok, simple touch screen makes up for this and the supplied microphone is very adequate for calling/talking in the car. Bluetooth syncs easily with my phone and once set up, automatically syncs when I enter the vehicle with the car ignition on.

Now, plug-and-play doesn't mean all functions will work out of the box. The DVD player needs to be wired to the factory brake wire (or grounded if you want it to work while driving), the reverse camera needs to be wired to the factory reverse wire. Some "assembly is required" if you choose to diy install. You can PM me for some side support. I also installed an external amp.

iPod controls work, MP3 files work ( I have 2 16Gb sticks hooked up), radio works fine, DVD works fine. Navigation (Nav n Go I go my way) didn't work cause it wouldn't stay locked onto the satellite but a software upgrade fix from autodvdgps resolved it.

The only quirk is that sometimes my system won't read a music CD. When this happens I pop in a movie disc, run for a second, eject then try the CD and it works. Not sure if others have experienced the same. I can live with this as I primarily run iPod or MP3s anyways.

Again PM me if you want more info.

Old 06-19-2011, 06:06 PM

Thanks Riotralph, Pm sent

Old 08-03-2011, 01:53 AM

So can anyone recomend any of the chinese knock offs?

Old 08-03-2011, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by happy gilmore
No, do not do it.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by happy gilmore
I would recommend a CASKA unit, which is also the one I'm using in my outie.

Honestly, the panel and functions are very similar among all these machines made in China.

I recommend it not only because we are the importer of the brand ( Vancouver, Canada), but also based on my personal experience with the machine so far.

I had a little video clip posted here: Caska Canada - Caska Canada Blog

We are providing the Caska machines through some of the local Honda and Toyota dealers, and they're all working pretty good so far.

Old 08-04-2011, 10:28 AM

Caska yes, knock offs no. Caska is a huge brand in Europe and Asia.

Great Cat , im still interested in the mitsu Caska unit...

PM me with more details plz

Old 08-04-2011, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by ryandlor
Caska yes, knock offs no. Caska is a huge brand in Europe and Asia.

Great Cat , im still interested in the mitsu Caska unit...

PM me with more details plz

Hey Ryandlor

I know I suppose to provide a update a while ago. What happened was the talk with local mitsu dealer was a little difficult since they wanted too much, but we are still working on it.

PMed other details

Old 10-01-2011, 06:46 AM

Any update on the Caska?

Old 10-02-2011, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by draeger
Any update on the Caska?
I posted a video clip here: www.caska.ca

if there is any features that you are interested to see specifically, I can upload more detailed.

let me know.

Old 10-02-2011, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by greatcat
I posted a video clip here: www.caska.ca

if there is any features that you are interested to see specifically, I can upload more detailed.

let me know.
Thanks for that.

I don't have the Rockford Fosgate sound system but I managed to get my hands on a RF subwoofer for the outlander. My plan is to replace the speakers and get a decent amplifier. I plan to change my Chinese DVD HU to this one (Caska). Will it work? I have no experience in installing stereos but I will let the pros do it for me.

How is the unit performing now? Is it still working perfectly? I have a bad experience with this Chinese DVD units but since Caska was mentioned as a good company then I am willing to give this unit a second look.

Thanks.

Quick Reply: Chinese DVD / Radio / GPS Installation