Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Chinese DVD / Radio / GPS Installation

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 08:00 PM
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by oldsalt
James you forgot to tell everyone that you charge an extra 4.3% for paypal.

Also, your unit is not the same as Michaels as it does not have steering wheel controls!
No support for CAN bus means no support for Rockford amp...
And no support for steering wheels control makes such unit useless.

Old 11-23-2010, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Vadimus
No support for CAN bus means no support for Rockford amp...
And no support for steering wheels control makes such unit useless.
I am now being told that it does have support for steering controls, I just didn't have the password to fix it.

I will try and work it out later.

Last edited by oldsalt; 11-24-2010 at 12:16 AM.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:03 AM
ash

Mine works fine with the steering wheel controls, you just can't use the bluetooth controls.

Old 11-24-2010, 04:24 PM

I now have the steering controls sort of working.

I had a problem with the time setting, it would not keep the right time.

James told me to use America1 in the radio settings, I did that and the time was fixed, however, the American AM band frequency is different from Australia.

As there is no listing for Australia in the Radio settings I will have to put up with having the wrong time or no AM radio?

Seems these units are not suitable for Australia and should not have been sold to Australians!

I have asked them for a firmware update to fix the problem, however, I doubt that it will happen.

James has tried his best, however, he is only a one man band working for himself and I don't think he has much influence in the factory.

Old 11-24-2010, 04:35 PM

The bugs in firmwares are the real problem with these units because there are no real firmware updates coming out - it is possible, I mean its a kind of standard dvd receiver board ;-)

Steering wheel support is basicly only for volume control. Skip does only work with DVD/SD/USB/RADIO when not in navi-mode at least for the older CN/ROF1701 model and doesnt work for ipod-mode at all. Same with "mode" but mode is a bit ridicilous with so many sources possible.

Bluetooth controls don't work expect that the BT Unit on/off button turns volume down, too ;-) The other buttons have no functions.

Last edited by wudu; 11-24-2010 at 04:38 PM.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:15 PM
Angry

I bought a unit from Michael that broke down after three months.

I then bought a unit from a guy who posted on here named James, there are more bugs in his unit than the city dump.

James actually sent me an update, it only fixed one of the bugs and believe it or not, created another problem whereas I can't use the equalizer.

I have had a gut-full of the Chinese crap, a total waste of money.

Does anyone have a unit that they can recommend from their own experience please?

Old 12-18-2010, 08:02 AM
tcp
Default the big names

Get a kenwood or pioneer. Their functions work as advertised, the interface is written in english, not translated from chinese. They last a lot longer. I tried a valor unit originally. It lasted less than a year. My pioneer avic is going on 3 and shows no signs of slowing down. for 50% more cost up front, you get something that will last many times longer. You've bought two cheap units and now need to buy another. not cost effective.

I would suggest you buy a DVD head unit and a separate Garmin or Tomtom gps. You can take the portable GPS out and use it in other vehices (holiday rentals or whatever). The price is actually cheaper that way than integrating the two. You are getting a specialty function that each company does best.

Originally Posted by oldsalt
I bought a unit from Michael that broke down after three months.

I then bought a unit from a guy who posted on here named James, there are more bugs in his unit than the city dump.

James actually sent me an update, it only fixed one of the bugs and believe it or not, created another problem whereas I can't use the equalizer.

I have had a gut-full of the Chinese crap, a total waste of money.

Does anyone have a unit that they can recommend from their own experience please?

Old 12-22-2010, 03:35 AM
ash

I no longer have the Outlander. I part exchanged it for a Lexus RX400 Hybrid, which has the Sat Nav built in. I will miss the car but after 3½ years of ownership decided it was time to move on.

Old 01-16-2011, 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by Riotralph
Hey, I just purchased and installed a DVD/Navi unit from autodvdgps.com in China into my 2009 Outlander. Unit is the QL-OTL971 (http://www.autodvdgps.com/mitsubishi...en-p-1042.html). It also came with a back-up camera.

Just disconnected the stock stereo (for me this was the base unit with no cd changer, etc.). and plugged in the provided harneeses and it powered up. Issues that I need help with:

Every wire was harnessed except for the "Brake", "Speed", "Reverse", and "TV" wires...they are loose and need to match up with the factory wires. Here is the problem, I have no idea which factory wires are a match to the above (color wise)??? I need these in order for the DVD and navigation (IGO8) to function properly...I think I need the reverse for the camera to work also.

Any of you guys in this forum know which factroy wires (Mitsubishi Outlander) are for "Brake", "Speed", and "Reverse"?
Hi Riotralph, you managed to wire up the wires and get evrything working?
I'm interested to try this unit too.
how's the Video quality of movies?

it's stated to have 2 USB ports..... but i can't find them from the photos.

Thanks

http://www.cnbuynet.com/mitsubishi-o...od-p-1547.html

Old 01-26-2011, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by james-forever
Hello there, We are an authorized supplier of this new OSD version or the previous OSD version of Mitsubishi Outlander between 2007-2010 (Rockford Fosgate audio system or non rockford with steering wheel controls). Please email me for the further details and price. I am sure that you would be satisfy what you paid with !!

Cheers
James
multi.export@gmail.com
This James joker is a crook.

You buy from him at your risk as if you need warranty repairs he just won't reply to your emails.

They wanted to send me directions on how to replace a few parts that I would have to buy locally, ya right.

As the bluetooth is very low they were going to send me a microphone to install, never received it or heard from James again.

Stay clear of James and Media World, he is bad news.

Also, don't buy any product made by Pen Hui, they are crap.

Quick Reply: Chinese DVD / Radio / GPS Installation