Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Chinese DVD / Radio / GPS Installation

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 10:24 AM

The machine does come with 5.1 output (RCA) and support the external amplifier. As long as you get a professional installer working on it, there should be no problems.

Please note that Caska is also a "made in China" brand. However, in addition to the better hardware, the after sale support is the key. No one can guarantee 100% defect free product, but when something happened, you know you are covered by a reputable company.

I wish this could change the "stereotype" of Chinese products a little

Originally Posted by draeger
Thanks for that.

I don't have the Rockford Fosgate sound system but I managed to get my hands on a RF subwoofer for the outlander. My plan is to replace the speakers and get a decent amplifier. I plan to change my Chinese DVD HU to this one (Caska). Will it work? I have no experience in installing stereos but I will let the pros do it for me.

How is the unit performing now? Is it still working perfectly? I have a bad experience with this Chinese DVD units but since Caska was mentioned as a good company then I am willing to give this unit a second look.

Thanks.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by greatcat
I posted a video clip here: www.caska.ca

if there is any features that you are interested to see specifically, I can upload more detailed.

let me know.
greatcat,

I have MMCS unit on my 2007 Outie and I'm tired of waiting for maps for Mexico, so I would not mind losing the customization features in the MMCS long as I keep the functionality of all buttons on the steering wheel (bluetooth&audio). Your unit seems interesting, and I have some questions:
1. I can get this unit to Mexico?
2. My dashboard has grabber finish and yours seems having leather finished, what can you comment on this?
3. I have RES linked to my MMCS and I can send audio and video between the two units and display the audio RES to the speakers, CASKA unit can do this?
4. I need additional hardware to operate the bluetooth and audio buttons?
5. What can you comment on the TPMS button on the screen? I have an aftermarket system, so, I could enable my system to displayed on the CASKA screen?
6. Maps are available for Mexico?

One comment, it is difficult to access the CASKA website, I can´t see the features of this unit

Old 10-03-2011, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by draeger

I managed to get my hands on a RF subwoofer for the outlander

Thanks.
How did u get it? I am planning a project of using the rf subwoofer but with aftermarket sub so I need this part also I don't care if the speaker is missing.

Old 10-04-2011, 10:32 AM

Please find my comment below:

Originally Posted by jsrd
greatcat,

I have MMCS unit on my 2007 Outie and I'm tired of waiting for maps for Mexico, so I would not mind losing the customization features in the MMCS long as I keep the functionality of all buttons on the steering wheel (bluetooth&audio). Your unit seems interesting, and I have some questions:
1. I can get this unit to Mexico?
I don't think there is any importer carrying Caska units in Mexico yet. But if you don't mind the shipping cost, we can ship it to you

2. My dashboard has grabber finish and yours seems having leather finished, what can you comment on this?

The finish of the unit is maching the dashboard texture, i.e. grabber. No matter if you have the leather interior or not, the central portion are the same.
3. I have RES linked to my MMCS and I can send audio and video between the two units and display the audio RES to the speakers, CASKA unit can do this?
There are RCA out put cables come with the machine. To get he unit working with the RES, some wiring work are required. I have actually done it myself and shared here before. I'm using the RCA input jacks in my arm rest box now as the input to the machine. let me know if you need some more detail about it
4. I need additional hardware to operate the bluetooth and audio buttons?
All the buttons will work once the machine is plugged. No modification required. However, since the machine will NOT use the stock bluetooth, the original bluetooth buttons will be assigned to other functions. i.e.: answer -> mute, hangup-> gps, phone-> return
5. What can you comment on the TPMS button on the screen? I have an aftermarket system, so, I could enable my system to displayed on the CASKA screen?I'm not 100% sure on this. But most likely, the machine will ONLY pair the CASKA TPMS hardware. So, NO.
6. Maps are available for Mexico?
it will come with 2010 Q3 Mexico map, software is iGo 8

One comment, it is difficult to access the CASKA website, I can´t see the features of this unit
You may want to visit www.caska.ca , if you want to see any specific feature, I can put a video clips to show.

Old 10-04-2011, 04:46 PM

I got it brand new off eBay. I have not tested if it's actually working because I have yet to figure out if it will work with an aftermarket subwoofer. It looks like I might have to open it up, change the subwoofer to something compatible to an aftermarket amp.

Originally Posted by firebirdrc
How did u get it? I am planning a project of using the rf subwoofer but with aftermarket sub so I need this part also I don't care if the speaker is missing.

Old 10-05-2011, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by greatcat
Please find my comment below:

You may want to visit www.caska.ca , if you want to see any specific feature, I can put a video clips to show.
greatcat, thanks for your detailed explanation. I'm sorry to hear about that CASKA unit lose the functionality for bluetooth buttons, and this is something I want to keep. I will consider this situation to make a decision, so and I'll be looking for your updates on this unit.
Saludos

Old 10-06-2011, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by jsrd
greatcat, thanks for your detailed explanation. I'm sorry to hear about that CASKA unit lose the functionality for bluetooth buttons, and this is something I want to keep. I will consider this situation to make a decision, so and I'll be looking for your updates on this unit.
Saludos
I was in the same situation as you a while ago.

When I was using the FlyAudio unit, because it doesn't support the RF amplifier and I had to use the MITO-II interface. That way, I lost all the media control buttons on the steer wheel but I was able to retain the bluetooth buttons and functions.

When I switch to Caska, I don't need the interface any more. But the down side is, the stock bluetooth can not be easily retained. The good thing is, although the functions are different, I can still use these buttons for something.

I guess it is a trade off since you can only allow either the unit or the Bluetooth module to be controlled using these buttons, NOT both.

Old 11-08-2011, 11:09 AM

Got an invoice for a new Android-based Navi unit. Sounds pretty beefy doesn't it?

If they correctly answer the questions I've asked them, I'm sold

Do you have a 3G with 1700Mhz version (Band IV/AWS)?
Does HT6033AGC support WiFi?
I need either 1700MHz 3G or WiFi support to have internet connectivity.
Is any other navigation software except for Google Maps included?
Do you accept PayPal?

Old 11-08-2011, 03:44 PM

Vlad, Im in london...mayube this vendor would be happy to reduce price if there are mor buyers?

Where is theunit and whered u find it?

Old 11-08-2011, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by ryandlor
Vlad, Im in london...mayube this vendor would be happy to reduce price if there are mor buyers?

Where is theunit and whered u find it?
Not Vlad, Vadim is a completely different name actually

I found the vendor on the Russian Outlander site.
The page for Outlander Navi is here.

As I was told, it is totally new unit, unlike the previous WinCE-based models.
Someone at Russian site already ordered one.

So I'll wait for the early adopter's feedback

I'll ask them about wholesale price for the batch of 2 units, at least we can save on combined shipping.

Quick Reply: Chinese DVD / Radio / GPS Installation