Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Chinese DVD / Radio / GPS Installation

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by loni
Hi everyone,
I bought a similar unit off ebay, and it looks and works as promised (i'll post a short review soon) but one thing I can't get to work properly is the rear view camera.
How did you guys wire it? I can get it working just fine when connected to AUX, but is there a way to get the picture on automatically when put in reverse? Wiring diagram from the unit shows a purple wire as "rear camera input" only threre are 3 purple wires
Cheers,
Martin
i think if you have the CAN module connected and functional ,then every time you put it in reverse gear your display will be switched to a dedicated input for camera ,find that input on your harness and connect your camera to that.
my unit is 7" one and this is how it works but concept still should be the same.
BTW : not to mention that you need to power up your camera from the reverse gear light so it powers up when you put in reverse gear.

Old 04-14-2010, 11:23 AM
Default Hello my 8" navigation still for sale

Still for sale is the 8" high resolution unit still for sale. Let me know if you're interested.

txt 714-642-7608 i'm in Orange County (costa mesa)

If you like I can help you install the unit. Works with RF systems. I don't know about non-RF

Old 04-14-2010, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Erik06
Hi Guys,

I need help, I successfully installed a Clarion NX509E using a Mito-02, on this unit there is no Hand free system integrated. So I wanted to keep the original one.

But I have a problem with the Mito-02 I guess, I can either get the Hand-free system working or Steering-wheel control working.

Is there a specific setup or connection that I can made to have both working ?

Thanks for any help....

Erik
Hi,

To answer my own question I found a SWI-JACK Outlander/Clarion compatible. I install and configure it successfully. All is working fine.

But I still have an issue, because the NX509E don't have the bluetooth, and so I want to keep the original one. So I can either get Bluetooth or radio control from steering wheel, but not both. Is there a way to get both working ?

If someone have an idea for such connection I will appreciate.

Regards,
Erik

Old 04-14-2010, 06:23 PM

Hi,

To answer my own question I found a SWI-JACK Outlander/Clarion compatible. I install and configure it successfully. All is working fine.

But I still have an issue, because the NX509E don't have the bluetooth, and so I want to keep the original one. So I can either get Bluetooth or radio control from steering wheel, but not both. Is there a way to get both working ?

If someone have an idea for such connection I will appreciate.

Regards,
Erik

That's what I meant. My system has the stearwheel control function built in, but I need the mito-02 to get the RF system work. I guess the bluetooth phone answer buttons are using the same wire. Unless there are new firmware came out, they might not working together.....

here are pic of mine:

http://flyaudio.us/forum/9-diy-discu...dio-system#160

Old 04-15-2010, 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by mehr_ak
i think if you have the CAN module connected and functional ,then every time you put it in reverse gear your display will be switched to a dedicated input for camera ,find that input on your harness and connect your camera to that.
my unit is 7" one and this is how it works but concept still should be the same.
BTW : not to mention that you need to power up your camera from the reverse gear light so it powers up when you put in reverse gear.
That's how I'd like it to work. My camera is powered by rear lights and does work (verified by viewing on AUX.) I found 2 suspicious RCA inputs on the AV unit (labeled CDC AV IN and CCD AV IN) but neither does anything... I can try finding and splicing the harness wire labeled as "rear camera" which goes to the can bus connector and using that, but was trying to explore all other options first...
Cheers,
M.

Old 04-15-2010, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by greatcat
That's what I meant. My system has the stearwheel control function built in, but I need the mito-02 to get the RF system work. I guess the bluetooth phone answer buttons are using the same wire. Unless there are new firmware came out, they might not working together.....

here are pic of mine:

http://flyaudio.us/forum/9-diy-discu...dio-system#160
That's a bad news, don't you think that we can plug the Stearwheel cable that are disconnected from the Mito-02 directly to Bluetooth box, in oder to get bluetooth working with the 3 stearwheel button ?

Erik

Old 04-19-2010, 02:13 PM

That's a bad news, don't you think that we can plug the Stearwheel cable that are disconnected from the Mito-02 directly to Bluetooth box, in oder to get bluetooth working with the 3 stearwheel button ?

Erik
Hey Erik

Maybe I missed ur question.

The bluetooth buttons works fine, and the volume buttons were fine as well, but only while I'm using the bluetooth to make phone calls. while I switch back to DVD or radio, the volume button will NOT work.

Old 04-19-2010, 02:51 PM

Hi greatcat,

Ok get it, it means that you have the standard bluetooth connected Via the Mito-2 which also work as you describe for me.

But to make the clarion or other radio steering wheel compatible we have to plug 2 specific cable as shown below

http://img26.imageshack.us/i/p1000683k.jpg/

But when doing this the bluetooth is working "+, - etc..." but back to the radio it's not working like yours.

If I unplug our cut the Mito-02 Original cable, and plug the radio one, then Bluetooth is not working but the Radio/CD/iPod is working perfectly.

So I'm wondering if there is a way to plug the Bluetooth directly without having to pass through the Mito-02 ?

Hope I'm clear, my French English is not perfect

Erik

Old 04-27-2010, 10:47 AM
Cop

Hi guys new to the forum with a load of questions on this topic.

With a bit of luck I should be picking up a UK spec 07 Outlander Warrior next week and really want to upgrade to one of these new fangled touch screen things. As I understand it, it's a non RF system (?(no sub woofer in the boot)). And has a single disc player head unit.

So what do I want.

1/ 8" Screen Hi Def
2/ Ability to use Steering Wheel controls (It's my first car with them, give me a break lol)
3/ Ability to fit a reversing camera which will engage when selecting reverse
4/ RDS Radio for station names
5/ Garmin mapping
6/ Ipod connection and control
7/ The ability to use the Steering wheel bluetooth functions
8/ Aftermarket sub woofer, possibly a genuine Mits one or at least the cover, with a aftermarket one fitted inside.

I have read all the way throught this thread, but talk of mito and canbus (we really do need a sticky for all the abbreaviations used on this site lol), etc has fried my already damaged brain.
So what do I need to do all these things and where can I find them. I have a intial budget of £600, things like the camera etc may not be purchased straight away. But I want the ability to to build on whatever I get.

I'm in the UK and good with a screwdriver and soldering iron.

Nige.

Last edited by Cop; 04-27-2010 at 11:45 AM.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:22 AM
Arrow CanBus question for compucn

Originally Posted by compucn
This Controller Area Network - Bus system is a combination of engine, transmission, airbags, combination meter, ABS and comfortable computer diagnostic system. Through the controller area network, to coordinate the operation of various systems of motor vehicles, information sharing, to ensure vehicles more safe, comfortable, reliable
Hi Michael,

While I await delivery of my system in India (I am first to own this on Indian forum). I have a quick question for you, all the canbus features mentioned above (see your qoute) are controllable by your unit as in case of factory fitted MMCS. Thanks for your reply in advance.

-Rishi

Quick Reply: Chinese DVD / Radio / GPS Installation