Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Clock setting with Nav

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 10:28 AM
Default Clock setting with Nav

With the daylight savings time change recently, my clock (with nav) now reads a hour late. I have the correct time zone and the daylight savings enabled. If I disable the daylight savings, the time is correct.

I can not find any way to adjust the time! The only adjustment I have found is the above. Am I not findings the adjustment for time setting or is there none. I called my Mits dealer and asked them, and he said they had little experience with them, and I had to drive the car to them to see if they could find an adjustment before they contacted Mits tech.

thanks
Dave

Old 11-15-2007, 11:23 AM
Default RE: Clock setting with Nav

As far as I know the time is updated from the GPS satellites -- the only control you have over the time is the time zone and whether DST is Active or Inactive. Note that the DST option doesn't mean "Automatically adjust for DST" but it means "Is the timezone currently observing DST right now or not", so you do have to manually tick that option on or off as needed.

Old 11-15-2007, 12:05 PM

Exactly what brian360 said, the GPS sets the clock to the time zone that you select. Then its a matter of turning DST on or off. That should be all you need. My clock is always the same as my cell phone, so Im taking its accurate.

My only guess is that you would like it to read "early" or "late", for your own purposes...

Old 11-15-2007, 03:24 PM

Yea go into the options and turn off or on day lights savings. That will put you back or forward the hour you need. I got in my outlander and thought it was odd that it didnt change with the time but I just switched the day light savings option and it was correct.

Old 11-15-2007, 04:29 PM

Thanks all for your responses! I thought that the time was GPS adjusted. I currently am in daylight savings (Nov 4th) and as I mentioned it moved my time forward an hour instead of backward an hour and when I disable the daylight savings, it gives the correct time. Do you think there is an error with the programming?
thanks again
Dave

Old 11-15-2007, 04:39 PM

It didn't move your time forward an hour, it simply didn't adjust it back an hour automatically. It is not designed to automatically adjust for daylight saving time, you have to enable/disable it manually twice per year. So come spring time, you will have to go into the options menu again and re-enable daylight saving in order to move it one hour forward for the time change again. Sounds like your navigation system is working perfectly.

Old 11-15-2007, 08:36 PM

No its not broken your fine.