Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Compatible Parts?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 01:11 PM
Default Compatible Parts?

Hi everyone, I have an '03 Outlander LS and seeing how it'll be my daily driver, I'd like to spice it up a bit. I'm going to be doing some brake work, and was wondering if there was any upgrades for it? Can I just bolt up stock Evo parts (brakes, suspension, etc?)

I'm still debating what route to take, but I probably will go stock-looking. So plans look like:

1) Better Tires
2) New rotors and Hawk Street pads (unless I can upgrade the calipers with better Evo or Lancer bits??). Are there stainless steel braided brake lines?
3) Better shocks (I haven't found anyone that carries some stiffer shocks). I think I may keep stock springs to retain my stock-look, but am not 100% yet.
4) Doesn't appear to be any upgraded swaybars or strut braces. . . .

No plans to increase horsepower. Will follow turbo kit post with interest though. Will it be CA smog legal? Can an Evo motor just be dropped in? Will the stock auto tranny hold up?? Would be cool to drop the more potent Evo motor in a few years down the road. For now, though, I'll live with the power, or lack thereof.

thanks!
-terry

Old 04-06-2005, 09:10 PM
Default RE: Compatible Parts?

horse power bolt ons will work......now drop an evo 8 engine is better.....hmmmm we need to find out about that.

Old 04-08-2005, 07:39 PM

I emailed Rob @ Road Race Engineering inquiring what kind of brake/suspension upgrades they offer. He replied that he wanted me to call him to discuss what they have for the Outlander. In other words, he didn't shoot me down and laugh at me. Sounds like they may have some stuff. Other stuff popped up, so won't be spending money on Outlander for a few more weeks, but in case anyone wants to get the jump on this and post to the board, here's their site:

http://www.roadracemotorsports.com/

-terry

Old 04-09-2005, 10:13 PM

thats good to go terry, give us an update.

Old 04-11-2005, 12:39 PM
JMC

Thanks for the info!

Old 04-13-2005, 05:45 AM

hey uhhh..... talked to rob too, basically they have some performance for i-mivec only....for non mivec, sorry to say this....none!!! and all this parts are actually made for lancer ralliart. what they have for non mivec: brake system ( pads / disc / drums ) and tower bar (a lancer tower ) now that tower bar, i, think theres gonna be a problem installin it. first the brake fluid resevoir, it will block the installation path of the tower. second is the angle of the tower,if it is inside angle...uhh well good luck!! but for the outside angle ( pointing out to the engine ) uhhhhh no-no. but he said its returnable item, since its actually made for lance. so, lets give em' a try guys.....and shoot some updates.

Old 04-13-2005, 04:22 PM
JMC

The Strut Bar I found has a kit to lower the resevoir.............

Old 04-14-2005, 02:30 PM

which one??? post the pic..

Old 04-14-2005, 03:07 PM
JMC

The one for the Airtek..............

Old 04-14-2005, 03:55 PM

awwweee o.k.'

Quick Reply: Compatible Parts?