Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Conversion of J-01 MMCS into English

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Benckj
If for some reason I stuff up the upgrade and MMCS won't boot up are you willing to upgrade for a price if sent to you?
Sure thing. Consider it as a plan B

Old 02-14-2014, 04:41 AM
HJB
Smile

Originally Posted by HJB
I cloned my drive and added Loading.kwi and Alldata.kwi files, cleared Screendata FOLDER but when installed it asked for the DVD, in Japanese.
I added the original files back and the same thing occurred.
The original disk still worked.
The end of my screw driver fell into the closing mechanism so it won't fully close now - Playing with magnets at the mo.
Wife has hit the roof with time spent on it so I'm going to be delayed on my next attempt
I will try again with a new clone.
I'll test the clone before altering
I only emptied the screendata folder so will try and clear the whole partition – but thought anything to do with that would be at a later stage of the bootup.
Prepping for my next attempt in a few days
Duct tape, bendy wire and a small grunty magnet sorted the lost screwdriver bit issue.
How are the rest of you going. It's gone all quiet. Your wives putting down the hammer as well?

Old 02-14-2014, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by HJB
Your wives putting down the hammer as well?
Besides dealing with MMCS I also mess with ETACS (developing 2 separate software products, for Evo XS and for MUT-III) so imagine how does my wife like it

Old 02-14-2014, 11:57 AM

I haven't had a decent window to work in yet and besides I'm out of duct tape. Got an IT gurue teed' up on the sidelines just in case. Got the hard part sorted though do I'm half way there, wife is happy.

Jim

Old 02-15-2014, 12:36 AM
Red face No time

Haven't had time to do mine yet but still need to upload my loading.kwi file for you Vadimus to have a look at from my J-03.

Anyone else managed to do it with the J-03 model?

Old 02-16-2014, 02:44 AM

Hi Vadimus, i PM'd Sresky a while back for a link/copy of the loading KWI but i haven't gotten a reply. Could you kindly share if you might have a copy around you.....am dying to change my J-01 to english

Old 02-16-2014, 07:54 PM

Unchained - sorry mate, just seen your message! was in a different folder

Old 02-16-2014, 11:29 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by HJB
I cloned my drive and added Loading.kwi and Alldata.kwi files, cleared Screendata FOLDER but when installed it asked for the DVD, in Japanese.
I added the original files back and the same thing occurred.
The original disk still worked.
The end of my screw driver fell into the closing mechanism so it won't fully close now - Playing with magnets at the mo.
Wife has hit the roof with time spent on it so I'm going to be delayed on my next attempt
I will try again with a new clone.
I'll test the clone before altering
I only emptied the screendata folder so will try and clear the whole partition – but thought anything to do with that would be at a later stage of the bootup.
Hey did you get this working in the end? Really need to get this MMCS of mine to work in English. PM me or let me know cheers.

Old 02-18-2014, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by sresky
Unchained - sorry mate, just seen your message! was in a different folder
Hi Sresky, sent you a PM.

Old 02-19-2014, 01:03 PM
HJB

Originally Posted by iJustinz
Hey did you get this working in the end? Really need to get this MMCS of mine to work in English. PM me or let me know cheers.
I haven't had a chance. I'm gagging too though, but my wife says that the new baby is a priority. Sometimes I need to be told. Hopefully over the next few days

Quick Reply: Conversion of J-01 MMCS into English