Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Conversion of J-01 MMCS into English

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by Vadimus
No, they're all the same.
Hi Vadimus...these are the steps am taking and am still unable to unlock using the passwords obtained from Otaku's post in the "how to unlock MMCS" post

When i boot the machine with the HDD attached this is the screen i get

I press enter 3 times then it boots from the xboxcd

i then proceed to type one of these passwords from Otakus post:

B2BAB3BCB0DFACBEB1BBBEDFB1ADD2CDC9CEB5B2DFB19E8996 DFAA8C9A8DDFDF

B2BAB3BCB0DFACBEB1BBBEDFB1ADD2CDC9CEB5B2DFB19E8996 DFB29E8C8B9A8D

and these are the screens am getting

Feel free to correct me where you think am making a mistake.

PS i have tried again today and i have noticed that the "security count expired" has turned from "NO" to "YES"

This is my Loader version

Last edited by Unchained; 06-06-2014 at 02:17 AM.
Old 03-15-2014, 02:05 PM

Hi Guys I have just bought a 2000 Diamante with the touch screen multimedia system in and yep you guessed it its in Japanese any way to convert I am just outside of Christchurch would like NZ / OZ maps if possible thanks willing to pay as long as not stupid amount

Old 03-16-2014, 01:19 AM

We are working on a conversion. Vadamis has the English bit sorted but running the OZ maps has proved problematic. Not a straight forward process but Vad has a J-01 MMCS to play with. Nobody after $$ but would be nice to support cause especially if local. Once I convert mine I'm happy to throw together a kit with software, cabling and instructions to do.

Old 03-16-2014, 03:17 AM
HJB

Originally Posted by Unchained
Feel free to correct me where you think am making a mistake.
[/url]
Your first two passwords (which I believe are the same one but the first pic you haven't pushed enter yet) have only 63 characters I.e. your missing one letter or number.
I haven't checked if this is the correct password yet for the J-01.

Old 03-16-2014, 03:22 AM
HJB

Originally Posted by Unchained
PS i have tried again today and i have noticed that the "security count expired" has turned from "NO" to "YES
I had this a few weeks ago there is a way where it resets by itself, will try and remember, may be time I.e. tried a few hours later or placing it back in MMCS and do a reboot I.e. disconnect power for a while and trying again. Will post when I remember. It was definitely a reset of drive cables and USB key(booting off) and powering down of the PC for a while that we're some of the steps.

Last edited by HJB; 03-16-2014 at 03:24 AM.
Old 05-27-2014, 04:22 AM
Default Files for Upgrade to english

Hi Vadimus

Great work, I have been doing lots of reading and it looks like you have been through a long process. Very cleaver!. I have everything sorted but what I am missing are the files to copy over to the HDD that will make it english. All the older links in the unlock forum appear to be broken and I am having trouble finding them on google too. Are you able to point me in the right direction for these. Happy to make a donation

Old 06-02-2014, 10:41 PM

Some things need to be shown

Still WIP, there are still things to play with

Old 06-03-2014, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by Vadimus
Some things need to be shown

Still WIP, there are still things to play with
OMG :P This is sooooo awesome. Can't wait till it's finally done. Really keen to use the GPS and get it converted to English.

Old 06-04-2014, 04:32 PM

I paid $199 for that guy in Gisborne to change my MMCS J-01 to english. It works a treat and I now also have the correct time and date.

One thing I have noticed is that you loose the TV funtion and all the jap maps that were stored on the HD. So when you now press the NAVI button, nothing displays. Although you still have the compass function.

He will have the NZ and AUS maps convesion done in about 3 weeks now. Once I have loaded that, I'll be using Otaku's Region free DVD hack.

On another note, I was looking at getting the DVD in motion hack but noticed that there is a button switch next to the MMCS. I'm hoping that the previous japanese owner has installed a DVD/TV kit but don't have a NTSC zone 2 DVD to test it.

Old 06-04-2014, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Lucifa
I paid $199 for that guy in Gisborne to change my MMCS J-01 to english. It works a treat and I now also have the correct time and date.

One thing I have noticed is that you loose the TV funtion and all the jap maps that were stored on the HD. So when you now press the NAVI button, nothing displays. Although you still have the compass function.

He will have the NZ and AUS maps convesion done in about 3 weeks now. Once I have loaded that, I'll be using Otaku's Region free DVD hack.

On another note, I was looking at getting the DVD in motion hack but noticed that there is a button switch next to the MMCS. I'm hoping that the previous japanese owner has installed a DVD/TV kit but don't have a NTSC zone 2 DVD to test it.
The Maps of Japan are still stored on the HDD but are made obsolete in conversion - No one wants to drive round in the pacific ocean but yes it still picks up GPS sats

The DVD region free hack will not work on the conversion, that will come in a later update.

Quick Reply: Conversion of J-01 MMCS into English