Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Couple questions from a new owner.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 10:37 AM
Default Couple questions from a new owner.

First off this forum has been very helpful over the past couple of weeks. I havent done any posting but have done a lot of reading and it was a big help in me making my decision to buy an Outlander. So thank you for that.

So my questions are this..

1) Is there a way for the headlights to come on automatically when it gets dark? My other vehicle has this and it is nice to set it and forget it kind of thing.

2) I changed the color scheme on the navi to blue. Is there any way to change the color of the info screen showing the miles between the speedometer and tachometer. Not a big fan of the red that is used and was hoping to match it to the navi blue color.

3) I saw the info area on the navi where trip information is shown. It has the miles until empty, trip MPG, and instant MPG. Is there any way to see this MPG information overall and just not broken down by trip?

and 1 more.. for now..

4) Are the fog lights always on and is there a way to turn them off?

Thanks again.

Old 04-25-2007, 10:51 AM
Default RE: Couple questions from a new owner.

Simple answer to all your questions: No.

Old 04-25-2007, 10:56 AM

Figured as much but had to try. Thanks!

Old 04-25-2007, 11:21 AM

I hope you didn't find my answer sarcastic, I certainly didn't mean to sound that way. There are great mods done on the new Outlander, but so far, none applies to what you have in question.

1. Not in the US market, but in Australia they have this option. I know this can be a potential mod in the future.
2. Rheostat display colors I know so far are yellow and red-orange
3. I always do my mpg calculations manually, per tank of gasoline. Much more precise and realistic.
4. DRLs are what you're talking about. They are not foglights by definition. And for now no mods yet to turn them off, short of drilling your dash and installing an akward switch just for this function. IMO, if I my Outlander didn't come with DRLs, I would have actually paid to have them. But's it's a matter of personal choice.

Old 04-25-2007, 11:33 AM

No worries. I didn't find it sarcastic at all. Thanks for the additional info.

Old 04-25-2007, 12:25 PM

In reference to number 3, I recall seeing something in the setup to not automatically reset MPG and only reset on manual.

Old 04-25-2007, 12:27 PM

It always does reset back to 0 when the car is off for 4hrs or more, even on manual mode

Old 04-25-2007, 02:55 PM

yep yep

Old 04-25-2007, 08:12 PM

ORIGINAL: plaptop

First off this forum has been very helpful over the past couple of weeks. I havent done any posting but have done a lot of reading and it was a big help in me making my decision to buy an Outlander. So thank you for that.

So my questions are this..

2) I changed the color scheme on the navi to blue. Is there any way to change the color of the info screen showing the miles between the speedometer and tachometer. Not a big fan of the red that is used and was hoping to match it to the navi blue color.

Thanks again.

These white dials might tone it down a bit for you!

Name:  whitedials.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  44.3 KB

Old 04-25-2007, 08:18 PM

no ****, those are hot... where do we get them...
do they come in MPH instead of metric?

Quick Reply: Couple questions from a new owner.