Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

creak

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 04:36 PM
Default creak

I just found this forum today, already read some real intersting stuff!

I have a 2007 XLS that I bought 3 months ago. After about a month, I noticed a creaking sound when I am driving on rough roads, that's pretty much any road here in Montreal. I'm not sure exactly where its comming from, It's somewhere in the front (dash or windsheild). Has anybody else noticed the same thing?

Thanks

Old 11-21-2007, 06:11 PM
Default RE: creak

I'm not sure if it is the same, but on my XLS there is a slight creak roughly the centre of the windshield/dash area. From what I can tell, the windsheild is separated from the dash by a peice of foam which is stuck to the dash. On rough roads, the windsheild may move slightly differently than the dash and the foam rubs on the clean glass making a creak/squeak noise.

It doesn't happen often and is quiet enough that I have to have everything turned off to hear it. I was going to apply something to the glass todirty it so it doesn't creak/squeak when it moves.

Old 11-21-2007, 08:27 PM

I've also noticed a creak or squeak, but it sounds like it's coming from my driver seat. I notice it during braking. Cannot pinpoint it exactly though.

Old 11-21-2007, 08:45 PM

I have the same issue. I hear a slight creaking noise while driving on uneven roads. I believe it's coming from the black plastic piece running along the outside bottom of the windshield rubbing against it. I can hear it when the radio is off and it's quite annoying.

Old 11-22-2007, 08:33 AM

The only problem I have so far with creaking are the climate controls.... when the road gets rough you can hear the rings moving and it makes a ZZZZZZZZZZZZ sound...just annoying

Old 11-22-2007, 09:26 AM

The only noise I had was the license plate frame. I took it off and rattling went away.

Old 11-22-2007, 10:05 AM

BTW, I have noticed that the noise goes away when the wether is cold. I’ll mention it to my dealer at my next srvice (on Monday) and hope that they have had similar complaints and know what is causing it. I had something similar on my 94 Mazada MX-3, in that case Mazda had a TSB out on it, so the dealer took care of it immediately.

Old 11-22-2007, 06:05 PM

I've had a similar noise that comes and goes. It's my glove box. I have to open it and then shut it again for the noise to go away. It happens sporadically. I think it's because I've got the owners manual still in there and it's quite heavy...or it's just a cheap design.

Old 11-26-2007, 09:12 AM

ORIGINAL: blackb13

I've had a similar noise that comes and goes. It's my glove box. I have to open it and then shut it again for the noise to go away. It happens sporadically. I think it's because I've got the owners manual still in there and it's quite heavy...or it's just a cheap design.
My glove box does the same. Looked to see if i could adjust it but no it just a large hole and when clossed its plastic on plastic yes its cheap design

puddy