Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Creeking/ Knocking sound when turning

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 08:31 PM
Default Creeking/ Knocking sound when turning

I've got a 07 LS. Whenever I turn a corner from a stop and accelerate I hear a knocking sound coming from under the vehilce. It sounds a lot like a bad CV joint but not as loud uniform. You can feel the noise with your feet. To get this to occur you have to be accelerating around a corner and it doesn't matter if the tires are spinning on ice or even if 2WD or 4WD. I was hoping for a warmer day to see if there was maybe ice somewhere and the problem would dissapear when it melted. But i don't think it'll be above freezing for a few more months.

Does this sound like a problem or do you think it's just a normal winter driving.

Old 01-09-2009, 12:02 AM
Default RE: Creeking/ Knocking sound when turning

Did you buy it new? Did you have this TSB done already? http://outlander.freeforums.org/tsb-...ension-t4.html

07 Outlanders are known to have this problem.

Old 01-09-2009, 02:55 AM

I was just about to post on something like this as well! I have a 2007 ES and I started noticing I get a clunk/knocking noise when I pullin in/out of inclined driveways. This only happens if I'm at a certain speed but I'm not going really fast at all. I also get the same noise doing sharp u-turns/left turns as well.

I'm going to bring it in the dealer, maybe the it's the same tsb problem. I'll try to get them to fix my accelerator lag issue too while I'm there. I tried at another dealership when that tsb first came out but they refused to reprogram and said the lag was normal due to "gear change".

Old 01-10-2009, 07:28 PM

i had this problem with my 08 lancer. it was from build up of snow and ice under the vehicle.. melt it off or kick the ice out of the hubs and it works.

Old 01-14-2009, 07:37 PM

UPDATE!

noise while turning was a bad CV joint. They replaced the left axle and re-greased the right CV. They said there was a problem with the rubber on the CV not being flexible enough when cold. It said replaced as per service bulletin on my work order.

I also have to take the car back in to have the relays replaced because of condensation. They are being changed from the green ones back to NEW black ones. Apparently their still having this problem.

Old 01-14-2009, 11:45 PM

glad to see you got it fixed up.
silly relays

Old 01-25-2009, 04:49 PM

what is a TBS ????
i heard a lot about those, but never know what it was.
also, i have that problem too, but my St*pid dealer that i dont realy like tell me its the traction control and it does not do it when 4WD on.

I take off traction control, and do 4WD and do it again !

Old 01-25-2009, 06:02 PM

ORIGINAL: armymen

what is a TBS ????
i heard a lot about those, but never know what it was.
also, i have that problem too, but my St*pid dealer that i dont realy like tell me its the traction control and it does not do it when 4WD on.

I take off traction control, and do 4WD and do it again !
TBS is a television channel in the US....

TSB stands for Technical Service Bulletin

Old 01-25-2009, 06:19 PM

lol
And what that mean ?

Old 01-25-2009, 08:37 PM

instead of launching a recall when a problem has been officially identified by Mitsubishi Motor Company, they will issue a TSB which means if you bring your vehicle in and complain about the problem which they have identified, the company will repair and fix whatever it is that has been identified as the problem at no cost to you. it is a big enough problem to fix whenever you have the issue presented, but not something that is going to cause mass problems which would push the company into a recall situation.

Quick Reply: Creeking/ Knocking sound when turning