Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

For Curt hitch owner FYI

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 08:20 AM
Default RE: For Curt hitch owner FYI

Roach,
Thanks again for the info.

Is your wiring harness attached to the bumper or the hitch? It looks wedged in there.

I'm gonna go ahead and order mine this weekend, along with the harness, mud guards, cargo cover, and trunk mat.

Old 03-27-2008, 09:49 AM

ORIGINAL: Cuffy

Roach,
Thanks again for the info.

Is your wiring harness attached to the bumper or the hitch? It looks wedged in there.

I'm gonna go ahead and order mine this weekend, along with the harness, mud guards, cargo cover, and trunk mat.
It's attach to the bumper and it's in an angle toward to trailer plug there space between the hitch and the plug it does not look like it on photo but in person you see that the plug is not touching.

Old 03-27-2008, 11:39 AM

Roach,
Did you use a torque wrench to tighten down the bolts when you installed your hitch?

Or just brute force?

I don't have a torque wrench at home and don't want the hitch to wiggle loose if that's required. I do plan to put some lock washers on it to keep the bolts tight.

Old 03-27-2008, 01:32 PM

Roach,
Did you use a torque wrench to tighten down the bolts when you installed your hitch?

Or just brute force?

I don't have a torque wrench at home and don't want the hitch to wiggle loose if that's required. I do plan to put some lock washers on it to keep the bolts tight.
I got it install at the trailer shop it was no charge forinstall andwas done on the spot.

Old 03-27-2008, 05:48 PM

I noticed mine was showing a fair amount of rust already as well. Maybe I will look into this. Worst case, I take it off and get it powder coated.

Old 03-28-2008, 06:39 AM

ORIGINAL: Fisherman

I noticed mine was showing a fair amount of rust already as well. Maybe I will look into this. Worst case, I take it off and get it powder coated.
If you bought it from a local shop you should go back and have them to take a look at it they may replace it same as what Happen for me.

Old 03-28-2008, 10:07 AM

Fisherman,
You purchased yours from Etrailer.com didn't you? That's where i was going to get mine from, but if yours is rusting I may not.

When you installed yours did you use a torque wrench?

Thanx

Old 03-31-2008, 11:47 AM

ORIGINAL: roach

If you bought it from a local shop you should go back and have them to take a look at it they may replace it same as what Happen for me.
I bought it on-line (e-trailer) and installed myself. A simple re-paint will be my firstinexpensive solution.

Old 03-31-2008, 11:53 AM

Fisherman,
You purchased yours from Etrailer.com didn't you? That's where i was going to get mine from, but if yours is rusting I may not.

When you installed yours did you use a torque wrench?

Thanx
Yes - Etrailer.com

Yes - I use a torque wrench.

Old 04-01-2008, 01:43 PM

I looked at the Curt Manufacturing Inc website and they comment that one of their key features is a powder coat paint process that resists rusting. I guess they need to update their process. Hopefully it's just one production run of hitches that had bad paint.

Fisherman, did you contact Etrailer about the rust issue? If so what did they say? (Call Curt Manuf for warranty issues probably).

Quick Reply: For Curt hitch owner FYI