Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

dashboard color light

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 06:36 PM
Default dashboard color light

I have a sony mp3 player with blue graphics, my speedometer and rev'o'meter are as u know orange and the rest asu also know are green .. quite a mess, ah ??

I know it's kinda silly but do you think a change on the original dashboard color lights (orange and green) is an easy (or at least feasible) thing to do ? Otherwise I'll add a purple-red multigauge to set the color situation straight .... kidding !

BTW, do not be (my self included) bored to make mods to the Outlnader. We seem to lack the inspiration here !

thanks

Old 10-01-2006, 03:14 PM
Default RE: dashboard color light

The dash will need to be disassembled- obviously, so easy is relative to skill. If you can take you dash apart, it will be easy. I would say more tedious and boring than difficult. I have yet to change mine because I may not have it for much longer and didn't feel that it was worth the time to change a little bulb. My Pioneer lights up my cabin in blue as does my foglight switch, so I'm good on the color for now.
On your second post you tell us we lack inspiration...not very nice[&o]
What sites have you been to that are showing mods for the Outlander, I am willing to go and check them out.

Old 10-01-2006, 11:06 PM

welcome koulis! is that a leather steering wheel i see? and white guage faces that you didn't put in? my 5-speeder LS came only with the plastic steering wheel and black guage faces, so what gives? one would think you'd change the lighting, if you wanted another color, when the guage faces were changed....i envy your interior and like the look with the white guages; they really spruce it up!!!

Old 10-02-2006, 03:27 PM

Thank U expositor for your kind words. No, I haven't changed anything (yet..) I bought the car with a leather steering wheel, white gauges, double sunroof, etc, etc ... Maybe the Outlander in Greece is sold in different versions - as most of the car models here.

And dear dirtwagon, I say WE lack the inspiration, my self included as you can read on my first post. And when I say that, I by no means want to offend anyone, please .On the contrary, I mean that most Mitsubishi models seem to be prone to mods - except 4 the Outlander. Honestly, I am not looking for inappropriate mods like lowering springs and "fat' tires with 20' rims that do not match the car's character, but I believe some inspiration deriving from US, the owners would even trigger merchants to make more Outlander aftermarket products as well ..

For example I am planning to install an aftermarket exhaust ( approx.200 euros ) to improve the car's exhaust sound to a 'heavier' one, new rims diam. 16' (Allessio's monza would be nice - approx.400 euros), dark window films ( approx.200 euros), and I really want to do sthg with the empty space below my MP3 player on the dashboard ( any ideas besides round gauges ? )

What's your opinion upon these mods ? A second thought is always appreciated .

I will undoubtedly send you the pics of the above fothcoming mods cause my finances seem to be steadily improving ...

Thank U in advance - Greetings from Macedonia Greece

Old 10-04-2006, 07:13 PM

I tend to be a bit sarcastis at times lol...don't mind me.
Many of the companies do not feel there is enough demand for mods for the Outlander, so they will not produce them unless you have some pretty good number looking to do a group buy.
I would definately tint all the windows- I did on mine and it looks much better.
As for the 16" rims- I have the same as your car and they need to go. I would consider 17 or 18 inch rims to fill the wheelwells a little bit better. I am certainly not suggesting chrome 20's, or any chrome rims for that matter, I think some nice gunmetal or blackies would be nice.
The exhaust is a must! I put on a header, downpipe, high flow cat and Magnaflow muffler on mine and I like it so much better with some sound to the exhaust.
The empty space below the stereo comes in handy for holding my wallet on long trips, the remote control to my stereo and assorted other things. I don't like the way it looks, but I left it alone for practical purposes.

Old 10-05-2006, 07:13 AM

I agree with Dirt...Absolutely no 20 inch rims Eww....get some 18's in gunmetal or black