Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Dealer Code & Engine No

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 03:14 PM
Default Dealer Code & Engine No

Hi all.
Can anyone advise on how I can find out the dealer number of the original dealer that my car was bought from. I am in the process of trying to get a duplicate service book filled in.
I think my car was originally purchased from Robinsons Mitsubishi in Leicester who have now ceased trading for some time.
I would also need to find out:
dealer number, model code of my car, engine number and color code.
Would be grateful for any advice. The car is a outlander 2.2 diamond in Amethyst Black

Thanks

Old 02-25-2012, 06:09 PM

Look under the bonnet and there will be a plate that shows the factory code for your color along with the engine code. On my US model this plate is located by opening the passenger door and the plate is located near the bottom. The website below is for the UK and shows an example of the plate.

Mitsubsihi Paint Codes - Car Touch Up Paint - Car Paint

By doing a web search you can find websites that help you decode the VIN and that also contains very specific information about your vehicle.

As far as service history, we have CarFax here in the US and that may show some service history. You can try this UK website below.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/vehiclec...hiclecheck.jsp

Last edited by azjake; 02-25-2012 at 06:15 PM.