Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Dealer MishapS, am I being resonable?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 12:07 PM
Default Dealer MishapS, am I being resonable?

Well the story goes like this:

I bought the Outlander08 trading in my Lancer05, they gave me a VIN# told me I can pickup that Sat. And I go to get my insurance done, but no one call me in 3days, I called them back and they told me that car with that VIn was already sold. So they are in search for a new one for me, I said ok but someone should have told me much early. So next monday after I have contacted them a couple of times, the sales call me said they found a car and it will be ready on Sat. So I was all happy and go pickup my car, but I was told no one at the dealership knows about the delivery and the sales person is sick that day I might hav eto come back another day. Finally the sales showed up, and in fact he was fired last night so no one knows the follow up to my deal. And I found out he drove 250km from another dealership to get me the car, which no one told me thats the case. I don't want anyone to break-in my car for me. Plus they didn't have my ownership and deposite refund ready.

Anyways I didn't realize how much km it has until I was driving home, as soon as I pull out of the dealership the fuel guage started to beep "refuel". I mean WTF I sign for $40 worth of gas on the contract, anyhow who big deal only $40 on a 30000$ deal.

I bought a rust protection device ECC and I couldn't locate it, so I suspend they forgotten about it but damn how could they. I will drive in to their service some other day to get a check.

So next tues I went to get my deposite and ownership, I was explaining how no one told me about the long drive plus the gas thing. The lady wasn't interested, basically I get the impression that I should be happy I got the car. I was on fire at that point and shock with the lack of support.

Next day I drove into service ( I was really hoping they didn't install my ECC), and found the ECC device wasn't install. So I went into the show room, asking for the store manager and the in charge of their dealership chain. He wasn't their so I ended up having to deal with the lady again. She walked out few mins later holding a credit, she thought I came back for that missing tank of gas. I told her no not about the gas, lets go to your office and talk. And I ask for the order form for the rust protection device.

Now I really caught her with yet another mishap, she started to be all smily and nice now. And ask if I ahve look into any accesories, and they are willing to compensate by offer a "couple" to me. She dare to say if you don't like any accessories she can get me some Mits jacket and bag....lol

Anyways I sent her what I want, she probably refuse I by hell I will push this to the top until I and my family are satisfy.

Below is my email to her, tell me if this is fine.

Hi xxx,

I thank you for your time, and I'm glad that the dealership is finally willing to take care of their customer. This is our second Mitsubishi in 2 years, and we were satisfied with the other Mits dealership. We hope to move forward from this point enjoying the customer care which we were accustomed to in the past.

My family and friends have done some shopping around on the internet and they have found the following accessories to be useful ( I told them the $3000+ Nav system is out of the question):
Body Side Moulding, Cargo Mat without subwoofer, Mudguards, Rear Shelf, Side Window air deflectors.

These might seems excessive if you go by your website, but my family has been able to find all these accessories to be under $300 and they are satisfied with the amount.

We look forward to installing these to our new Outlander together with the missing ECC device.

Sincerely,

xxx

Old 04-10-2008, 01:14 PM
Default RE: Dealer MishapS, am I being resonable?

I would of returned the car and said no deal... go somewhere else.

Old 04-10-2008, 03:42 PM

You should have smelled the bull$#!+ before you got in the door. I would have definitely walked away from that deal after the 1st failed attempt and firing of your sales guy. I had that happen to me once. Bought a car from a sales guy that promised me a bunch of significantdiscounts on accessories and said he would have thepartsready when i came back next week to have another service done.When i came back a week later he had been fired and nobody had a clue what i was promised so they said it was my tough luck.

I hope they give you what you're asking for. Don't accept any service coupons, wash/wax deals, or undercoating/sealant/fabric protection junk. They aren't worth a nickel and more than likely won't do you any good. Show them thewww.mitsuaccessories.com website for the stuff you wantif they don't think you can get it thatcheap. I just ordered the cargo cover, cargo mat, mudguards, and wiring harness for around $330 shipped. U can do it!

Old 04-10-2008, 06:01 PM

Wow, I can't believe what you've gone through. If I were you, I would writeMitsubishiand report this dealership asap.Looks like this dealer is not playing fair,not right ! [:'(]

Old 04-11-2008, 12:08 PM

First of all, just tell them you'll contact Mitsubishi Canada/USA with you problem and show them the finger. See how fast they come chasing after you. 'GET YOUR GAS BACK TOO' Mitsubishi motors have been 'trying' to improve their CUSTOMER SATISFACTION RECORD with all of their new models. They will help you ifthe dealership doesn't. Tell them you ran out of gas driving home, should of had it towed back to dealer right thru the front window !!! BTW which dealership is it?

Btw, next time read your conctract when you sign. A 'NEW' vehicle can have like up to 2500km (1500 miles) on it.So feel lucky that you only got one with 250km.Next time, ask where it is coming from. I believe that over 400km away, they have to ship it, anything else, they get someone to drive it over.

Had a similar issue with my Mazda 3 purchase. Was supposed to get a $500 'graduate rebate' in like 4 weeks, after 5 weeks I got the number to the 'head office' for the rebates. I got the number from Mazda Canada. (it was an internal number only so at first they didn't even want to talk to me', but they listened.) Apparently they never received my request from the dealer. Nontheless I had the cheque at the end of the week.

Old 04-11-2008, 05:10 PM

I would be taking it back by now. The dealer tried to do the no gas bit on me. We started it the lot and the light came on. I was like you want me to pay xx,xxx amount and not have enough gas to make it home? I told them I take the car tonight with a full tank or I go home. Since I drove there and didnt need a car. Sounds like your dealership is lazy and could care less once the car is out the door. I use Peruzzi mitsubishi in Fairshill PA if I spelled all that right and they go over the top with everything. All my worries like the front ball joint, the reflashing, the throtle hesitation, nothing took more than me telling them the problem. They would take the car in and fix it.

Old 04-11-2008, 08:28 PM

Wow that is unbelievable! I would have walked away from that. Hope things start to work out better for you.

I have also had poor customer service experiences with Mitsubishi. This is my first Mitsubishi and I can honestly say that the customer service I have experienced so far (post sale that is) is without a doubt the worst I haveever experienced. I am going to give the dealership one more try this spring, if things don't markedly improve I will try another dealership. If things still don't work out then it will be so long to Mitsubishi.

Old 04-13-2008, 11:08 PM

where did you purchase your Outlander, if is in California, you can ask the BBB or ask small claim court to have the dealership refund your money and take the car back to dealer. I had similar experience with a dealership in S.CA. the dealer enter wrong final sale price within my cotract. depoited my check (i paid full in cash). then 30 days later call me / mail me with hardsh word (if you do not pay the difference, we (dealership)will seeking any legal action, lawyer / collection agency ..) .. Will the final sale docutment had the dealer's sales manager& finance manager both signature and agree the price 3 times.[/align][/align]we called MMNA and they saidthis is between dealership and the person who bought the car.but the dealer told me: "According to MMNA, thecustomer has to paidthe difference in your case." WTF ... [/align][/align]if a dealership providesa real VIN and thedocutment clear show the VIN for sale, then somehow the car can not be located ??this is pure lie from dealership. [/align]

Old 04-13-2008, 11:14 PM

Also, you can file compliant with your state / local DMV. if the case is true the dealership's sales license can be in trouble.[/align]btw ... hope this is NOT the dealership in Orange county, CA[/align]

Old 04-14-2008, 12:13 AM

Hey gDawgy,
I for one sure like to find out how you do with your dealer regarding your little mishaps,please drop a line or two to let us know. Sure hope you do alright after all the smokes clear.

Quick Reply: Dealer MishapS, am I being resonable?