Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Dealng with Mitsubishi service- any advice?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 09:25 PM

From my experience, unless you personally know the service adviser or mechanic, you're going to get screwed. The service department is similar to an insurance company, where they make money by denying every possible warranty claim and charging you instead. You're guilty until proven innocent. That being said...

Here's how you get your problem resolved.

1.) Make an appointment to get your oil changed (you may do your's anyway, but it's a quick way for the service dept to make some money and get to know you)
2.) While making the appointment, inform the service writer that you called MMNA and informed them of your awful heat performance on a recent skiing trip. Every time you stopped at a light, your heat practically stopped working. MMNA told you that this is a known issue and it's easily resolved by reprogramming the computer.
3.) Once you're at the dealer, speak directly with the service manager, be very specific and explain that your heat didn't work worth a damn and refer back to #2 for the "details" that MMNA gave you. Tell him you'd greatly appreciate it if he would look into it while you're getting your oil changed. Don't bother mentioning the poor throttle response.

The ECM update for the "heat" is the same update used for the throttle response and TCM issues. You'll get it fixed by default.

Hope that helps.

Old 04-17-2009, 04:07 PM

Blackb13- thanks!

I will try that in a bit- the old owners took it to this dealer for an oil change just before they traded it in- less than a month ago- so I may not do it right this minute (or I may do it at one of the other dealerships) but it certainly sounds worth trying!

Old 04-18-2009, 12:45 AM

Good luck and let us know what happens!