Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Diagnostic Software

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 02:27 PM
Default Diagnostic Software

Hi,
I am new to the Mitsu "Family" - Just got a brand new 2010 Outlander LS ( Canadian model) 3.0L

Before this I had a Vw Passat 2008
I have to ask you guys if anyone know what "diagnostic / communication software " do you use for this car.
I know that if the car is equipped with the MMCS - you can do some adjustments ,.... like reprogramming the door locks and so on " but without the MMCS you need a software and a laptop... Any advice?

PS: On Vw there was a software used for the above purposes and also for scanning CEL and so on

Many thanks guys

Old 05-26-2010, 11:09 PM

you can use obdII/CAN scanners to pull codes and read data. I've got a Acctron 9180 and can read many data feeds. As for Tunning, I dunno about that.

Old 05-27-2010, 09:33 AM

Thanks Ccernst,
Ya... I was looking more for a similar software with the one from VW ( VAG - COM from Ross tech) as you pcan do some "tuning" without having the MMCS....

I hope someone here in this forum know something about this....

Old 05-27-2010, 10:08 AM
tcp
Default not really available

The WAG equivalent is dealer specific and very costly, if they'll even sell it to you. It's call MUT (MUT III for the latest version).

https://www.mitsubi****echinfo.com/epacarb/default.jsp

Old 05-27-2010, 10:08 AM

The Tactrix 2 connector and free software is the closest you'll get. I haven't used it yet, but I plan to. My Outlander is supposed to arrive in July. I have also used VAG-COM for my Jetta TDI.

The software was designed for tuning the lancer, but it supports anything there is a definition for.

Old 05-27-2010, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by bitDawg
The Tactrix 2 connector and free software is the closest you'll get. I haven't used it yet, but I plan to. My Outlander is supposed to arrive in July. I have also used VAG-COM for my Jetta TDI.

The software was designed for tuning the lancer, but it supports anything there is a definition for.

Thank you so much bitDawg,
Any idea what is the software name and from were I can download it?

Old 05-27-2010, 12:58 PM

It's called ECU Flash... available from Tactrix's website along with the connector and adapter (both are required to actually flash the ECU, but only the connector is required to read CEL).

http://tactrix.com/

Old 05-31-2010, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by bitDawg
It's called ECU Flash... available from Tactrix's website along with the connector and adapter (both are required to actually flash the ECU, but only the connector is required to read CEL).

http://tactrix.com/
Is the Tactrix connector required to read CEL data or can any generic OBD II connector be used? I looked on their web site but this information is not there. Their FAQ page does not have a lot of info yet.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:11 AM

Any ODBII scanner can read the error codes... the Tactrix connector without the patch adapater functions like an ODBII scanner (assuming you have a laptop and software installed... just like VAG-COM).

Old 06-02-2010, 09:48 AM

I should have been more specific with my question. Any OBD II scanner can read the generic CEL codes and sensor data that all car manufacturers must use as a minimum set of data. All car manufacturers have additional sensor data defined that is proprietary to them and can only be read by specialized software and/or hardware. ECU Flash must be able to read the proprietary Mitsubishi parameters for it to do its job. I am just wondering if ECU Flash will only do this if paired with the Tactrix OBD II adapter.

I own software from AutoEnginuity that can read CELS and all generic OBD II data. It is also capable of reading all of the proprietary Mitsubishi data if I shell out another $230 for what they call the Enhanced Mitsubishi package. I am not going to do this if ECU Flash will do the same thing with my present OBD II adapter. If I have to buy the Tractrix adapter, the cost difference starts to shrink.

Quick Reply: Diagnostic Software