Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Diesel Automatic for Europe

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 09:42 PM
Nas
Default Diesel Automatic for Europe

Hi all,

Do you like me, love the new Outlander but don't understand why Mitsubishi has no plans to launch a Diesel Automatic in Europe?!? I would happilly buy the manual but my wife insists onan automatic []

Nissan for example have spotted this big gap in the market, and will be launching an auto diesel version of their new X-Trail later this year. Few people in Europe are interested in the petrol auto, what with all the new green taxes & the cost of petrol.

Anyway, I'm starting a campaign to see if I can get Mitsubishi to revise their plans and do the sensible thing, and would appreciate anyone who agrees to reply to this thread. Come on MITSUBISHI, give us an auto diesel Outlander!!!

Nas

Old 03-12-2007, 09:55 PM
JMC
Default RE: Diesel Automatic for Europe

Diesel? Wow...I'm not sure they'd ever do that for the new Outlander.

Old 03-12-2007, 10:08 PM

Sounds good to me. Diesel trucks have come a super long way. With turbos they really can crank out some MPG while still making huge power. My boss has a GMC v8 I think 6.0L turbo quad cab 8 foot bed putting out over 17MPG. Thats hard driving hauling stuff around. Imagine a light weight outie with a 6cyl motor.

Old 03-12-2007, 10:14 PM

Diesels rule. I would buy one on the spot, even if it was $2000. above a petrol engine.

Old 03-13-2007, 05:25 AM

All UK Outlanders are diesel they do 42.8 mpg, but no automatic gearbox.

Old 03-13-2007, 06:26 AM
Nas

That's correct, all UK and in fact European Outlanders are Diesel and do 42.8mpg, but there are no plans for a diesel Auto version.

I am trying togarner support from people who like me badly want adiesel auto, so that I can put forward a convincing business case to Mitsubishi in the hope that it will convince them to release such a model.

Old 03-13-2007, 10:23 AM

I think that will really depend on the demand, and not on Mitsu not wanting to do it. If the demand is there with sufficient numbers, I don't see why they won't or can't. The new Outlander has just launched, more variety on the way, like a 2.2 Peugeot DI-D engine in the near future.

Old 03-13-2007, 11:08 AM
Nas

That's my point - thedemand is there (as Nissan and some other manufacturers have already realised), so I'm trying to gather enough evidence to make Mitsubishi realise and act upon this.

Old 03-13-2007, 03:30 PM
JMC

It would be interesting to drive one for sure...

Old 02-21-2008, 04:20 PM

the diesel engine that is in today's outlander is volkswagen engine.
in 2009-2010 mitsu will come with theri own diesel engine AND automatic.They will not come with automatic transmission before they have they own diesel engine

Quick Reply: Diesel Automatic for Europe