Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Do you have bumper to bumper Warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 09:27 AM
Default RE: Do you have bumper to bumper Warranty?

ok, I'm a bit confused, my car came with a Base warranty bumper to bumper of 5 years 100,000KM (60,000miles).You had to pay extra for it, or does yours cover more than my bumper to bumper?

Old 09-23-2008, 10:34 AM

Well to know if mine covers more then yours i would need to know what yours covers.

Mine covers absolutely everything for example the $100 update dvd for the Nav system everyone is talking about is covered in mine. My change over from Winter tires to summer tires is covered, my scheduled preventative service visits are covered, the chip i got in my windshield was covered, assuming that I dont break something myself its covered.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:42 AM

Well the dealership will offer you like 2 or 3 warranty packages on top of the 5-10-5 Mitsu warranty. I decided to up the road side assist. to 7 years and includes all parts and labor the Mitsu. original warranty doesn't cover, plus any food or hotels I may have to spend on if I am away from home stuck without a car and shelter.

I already had to do something like that once. I was on my way to Miami and a truck in the highway cut it front of me in NC. It tossed a pound of rocks into my windshield and cracked it to bits. I had to wait in a mom's & Pop's little gas stop in the middle of nowhere for the new windshield to arrive and I had to get new brakes for the car too. The little gas stop was a freaking scary place at night and the place only had 4 rooms for rent. The rooms were disgusting and all you could hear at night were the "SOUNDS" (cough,cough!) from the other rooms

Next time I want a rental car and a clean 2 star hotel and a real service center...

Old 09-23-2008, 10:42 AM

Ha! so it's more like an insurance/service plan. Tx

Old 09-23-2008, 10:44 AM

OK I dug out my coverage plan, heres what is covered: 5 years / 100,000 miles. The below list is services included outside of the base warranty

Cooling System
Fuel System
Air Conditioning
Steering System
Front Suspension
Rear Suspension
Electricalq
$35 a day rental cart allowance
$75 Towing Coverage
$75 a day hotel coverage if breakdown is more then 100 miles from my home
All Diagnosics fess
Replacement of tiers, breakpads, belts, hoses
Fluid Replacements including all fluids, ouils, greases, lubs, and A/C gases

Has a $100 deductible on damage caused by normal wear such as rust and body damage.

Additional Purchase price was $1212

Old 09-23-2008, 10:58 AM

These "extras" you talk of are mostly covered by the 5 year warranty. So that's $1,212 for the dealership. The charges on car rental, hotel, and towing are all included in the 5 year new car warranty roadside assistance.

For $1,212, you could have bought a lot of toys for your ride. The terms of your "other" warranty plan is basically a duplicate of what's already covered by the 5-year new car warranty.

Old 09-23-2008, 11:36 AM

I also purchased the extended warranty from the dealer on my outtie. For $1200 it extends the bumper to bumper warranty to 7 years, or 100,000 miles. Thecost was $1500, but because I'm a member of Costco I got a 20% discount on the price. It even covers the tires up to $125 each (road hazard) if they are damaged by debris on the road. Also if I'm stranded away from home by a breakdown it reimburses me up to $75 a day for motel and food expenses. I purchased the warranty because I intend to keep my outtie at least 7 years.

Old 09-23-2008, 11:59 AM

This is wacked!!! I put in a WORKS Drop-in air filter. I called before to the dealership they told me a drop in filter will not void warranty. It's a drop in filter dang it. ahahah.. WORKS is factory matched warranty on their products. Give WORKS a call.

Warranty
Concerned about maintaining your factory warranty and being able to bring your car quickly and easily back to stock? WORKS is too. Our products are undetectable and/or fully reversible while integrating with the factory design and mounting locations. For example, each piece in our modular "Exhale" exhaust series is a direct replacement of the factory exhaust components and can be swapped one-for-one for that trip back to the dealer or when you sell your car. More importantly WORKS offers an industry leading Factory-Matched Warranty, trusted by Mitsubishi dealerships across the country. In fact, a designer at Mitsubishi headquarters stated: "...I just want to commend you on the quality of your parts. I don't have a whole heck of a lot on my car as I'm very picky and udget is sometimes restrictive, but I really appreciate the attention to detail and quality of construction you put into your products. Just thought I'd share a quick word of thanks and feedback. There are a ton of choices in what I can insall o myvo, but I have the utmost confidence in WORKS parts. Thanks for producing excellent parts and service. In Summary:

-WORKS tunes and manufactures performance products for specific brands like Mitsubishi. No dilution with many brands to remain focused and specialized

-WORKS employs degreed Engineers with over 30 years of automotive tuning and racing experience

-WORKS maintains OEM integrity with "enhancement without compromise" for maximum, reliable, long-term performance [/align] -WORKS enhances the powertrain, suspension, and braking to keep the car balanced

-WORKS offers a Factory-Matched Warranty[/align]

Old 09-23-2008, 12:31 PM

air filter is not changed during oil changes, i think first it needs to be changed at 15k, mine is still at 10k... So, does anyone know for sure if none mitsu dealer oil changes, mud flaps and interior led lights void the warranty?

Old 09-23-2008, 12:58 PM

I think that we should be carefully about distinguishing between base and extended warranty. They are often handled by a completely different company and have varying policies.

Quick Reply: Do you have bumper to bumper Warranty?