Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Do you have bumper to bumper Warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008 | 01:23 PM
Default RE: Do you have bumper to bumper Warranty?

so with base I shouldn't be worried about this?

Old 09-23-2008 | 02:33 PM

No, you shouldn't worry Klas, it should be fine with the base 5-10-5 from Mitsu. Us who have decided to extend the warranty is because we either have used it before or know what kind of abuse we will give the car or other circumstances... like me getting stuck in the middle of nowhere after driving from Niagara Falls, NY to Key West, FL and back... etc

Old 09-23-2008 | 04:00 PM

Here's some details: The extended7 year, 100,000 mile warranty I purchased at the dealer is Mitsubishi Motors Diamond Care Protection Plan administered by Automotive Warranty Services of Florida. If the vehicle breaksdown under this warranty you call the same toll free number as under the mitsu 5yr/60,000 basic warranty.

LIke the mitsu 5 year 60,000 mile warranty, wear items like brake pads, hoses, belts, etc are not covered.

The warranty is transferrable to a new owner for a $25 fee if you sell the car to another person, but not if you trade it in at a dealer. A nice selling point if you sell the car to a private party within the 7 years.

At any time you can cancel the warranty and receive a pro-rated refund of your purchase price.

Mistuhas registered the fact my vehicle is covered by this warranty so as long as I take my vehicle to an authorized mitsu dealer for warranty work payment is made directly to the dealer, so I don't have to pay for the work then wait for reimbursment. If for some reason the vehicle were taken to a non mitsu repair shopthe smart thing to do would be to have them get prior authorization before doing any work.

The real bottom line on this warranty is 2 extra years and 40,000 extra miles on the basic warranty. After 7 years you are still covered under the 100,000 mile powertrain warranty assuming of course your mileage is under 100,000.

Is it worth it? Each person has to make their own decision. I intend to keep the vehicle at least 7 years soI decided to purchase it.

Old 09-27-2008 | 12:45 AM

I have been telling Mitsubishi owners that do their own oil changes to buy mitsubishi oil filters otherwise if the engine fail or blows the 3rd party oil filter apart your waranty is void. People on this forum tell me I am talking rubbish.

In the UK an insurance company have 2 choices when paying out on policies.

1. Pay Up for the claim
or
2 void the policy and return the fee paid if you do somthing wrong like you did on the air filiter

I thought you would be better protected in the USA In the UK we only get 3 years warranty

puddy

Old 09-27-2008 | 11:27 AM

As I mentioned earlier its called the Mitsubishi Diamond Care Protection plan and is even mentioned in the US warranty booklet on page 3.

Old 09-27-2008 | 10:12 PM

does changing tires size from OEM void the warranty?

Old 09-29-2008 | 12:03 PM
tcp

In Canada all Mitsubishis come with the 5-10-5 warranty included. I suggest reading this for all of you having issues with your dealers:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson-Moss_Warranty_Act

Warranty can't be denied unless the dealer can show a direct result of the failure due to the use of non-approved parts/etc.

Changing your stereo can't void warranty on a driveshaft failure, etc.