Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Does anyone know where I can find seats for my 04 outtie

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 10:30 AM
drh
Default Does anyone know where I can find seats for my 04 outtie

I have the 04 XLS with cloth seats, and they have worn way down as far as the padding in backrest of the car, the car had 34000 miles when I bought it and ive put about 25000 since, now the seats are so uncomfortable. I know I can buy the foam to replace the old stuff but was wondering If i could just find the whole seat. Id love to go to leather. Any ideas other than EBAY. looked there already.. thanks for any info

Old 12-06-2006, 11:36 PM
Default RE: Does anyone know where I can find seats for my 04 outtie

try the salvage yard

Old 12-07-2006, 02:06 AM
drh

oh how I wish it were that easy. i already have my name in one of those nifty little databases that searches parts for you and then they call you or email you when they find something. Ive had a few leads on ebay but they dont go anywhere..

Old 12-07-2006, 11:19 PM

Perhaps the seats from a Lancer will fit on the tracks. I don't have my Outlander anymore so I can't measure and try to compare, but the seats in the R/A Lancers are quite comfy. Measure the track widths and see what the salvage yards do have available. You also need to have that connector if you want to keep your seatbelt warning light operational.

Old 12-08-2006, 10:00 AM
drh

good idea!! its sad to look over and not see the dirtwagon car along with your name. How are you liking the jeep?

Old 12-11-2006, 12:07 PM

Perhaps CAtoFLtoCA will have it up in his avatar soon....lol
As for my Jeep, it's still in NH and I'm still in CA until 12/22, that's when our trek across country begins. I honestly haven't driven my Jeep or seen it in person yet, but it is very similar to my moms Limited which I have seen and drove in and the interior was excellent- mine is a little better too. I have been anxiously awaiting my trip so I can finally get in and drive my Jeep. My brother is an XJ (Cherokee) fanatic and he did the inspection for me- he knows of the problem areas whether it be frame, rust, mechanical or whatever and my Jeep looked very clean for a New England 1991 truck- no rot, no rust that wasn't very minor and already taken care of by my brother, a grinding wheel and undercoating. I have my 3" suspension lift waiting to go on and I'm deciding on which tires to go with- there are so many options....lol
I love off roading, but in CA there's not much in my area so I never justified the extra expense for a true 4X4- but the price and New England winters made this purchase a no brainer.