Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Door bangers

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 08:11 PM
Default Door bangers

Since I purchased my 2005 XLS (Feb.07) I've had more dents and scratches from door bangers that any other vehicle I've owned.
Does anybody know of some good looking side moulding that will help prevent this?

Brian

Old 10-16-2007, 11:35 PM
Default RE: Door bangers

I thinkyou meant 2007...Anyway, look here:
https://mitsubishiforum.com/m_166809/tm.htm

I did this as well, just a little higher on the doors, and it looks AWESOME! SportWing is a great company, I had them in a few days...

Good Luck!
Anton

Old 10-17-2007, 06:51 AM

Looks really nice. I think I'll be ordering a set soon. This brings up an issue I think is a serious problem when you have someone that just flings thier door open not caring what it hits, or those people who are so lazy they cannot walk the extra 20 feet to put the shopping cart in the corral, then the wind/gravity takes over and pummels your car with it. That's why I park so far away from anyone when i got out. The wife hates it but we need the excercise anyway. Rob

PS-Anyone else have any door ding shopping cart horror stories? It's the Holloween season anyway, so scare us!!

Old 10-17-2007, 12:21 PM

I don't have door ding stories, but I do have a bumper one. My old car must have had a dozen gouges in the rear bumper from people hitting their license places or bumpers on mine, it was really terrible, plus I had a 2 inchorange scrape on my drivers mirror from a Home Depot shopping cart someone let hit my car, it never did come off.

That is why with my new outie, I make an effort to park in spots where someone can't park next to me on at least one side, to prevent as much damage as possible, and so far it has worked. I have a spot in the parking lot of my apartment, there is a divider on one side, and a never used handicap space on the other, I always try to get it when I can , even though it is a little extra walking.

I wish people were a little more condsiderate when getting out of their cars, I always hold my door as so the wind does not catch it or something else like that because it is the considerate thing to do! Although I do have rubber strips on the door edges, so they can't mark anyway, they came with the car, and I havn't decided whether to leave them or not, but they are black just like the car, so they blend well. But I digress, anyway that was my story, I hope my outie stays nick free for a long while, the extra exercise never hurts any of us anyway.

Old 10-17-2007, 01:27 PM

Personally, I think this is a car that that's meant to be used, so I don't careif it gets a few dings. Besides, even large amount of dings will not devalue your car as much as regular depreciation every month. It's defintetly not a showroom car with a 10 thousand paint job.

Old 10-17-2007, 02:40 PM

Well, I know that the car is getting used, and will get dents in it sometime but the fact that people leave door dings then just leave , or let the shopping cart go sailing off to a meeting with parked car is not right. Just the other day my wife's older car got a very nasty ding in the fender from someone's door corner. It was all the way down to the metal. That pisses me off. When I lived in Japan, if you damaged someone's car even while parked you had to leave your info. If you did not and got caught, there was legal hell to pay (and yes, I know we are not in Japan, I'm just making a point). You still had people there that did not care and did not leave any info. That's why I park far away as I can to keep my Outie in the best condition I can, because I plan to have it for several years.

Rob

Old 10-17-2007, 09:31 PM

Thanks for the feed back Anton, buy the way I do mean a 2005.
I like the law that Rob mentioned about Japan.
I take a lot of pride in a vehicle, and get really mad when inconsiderate people have zero respect for other peoples property.

Brian

Old 10-17-2007, 11:24 PM

I found the only way to prevent door dings is to park out in no mans land. When you park out by the 100k bmw or lexus then your safe. No one gives a rats *** about hitting your car and never will.Plus you get alot of exercise parking like this haha.

Old 10-18-2007, 09:53 AM

I left my car parked up the very end of the car park with no other cars nearby when I came back I had other brand new cars parked both sides of my car even though the car park was only 30% full

Puddy

Old 10-18-2007, 04:27 PM

ORIGINAL: puddy

I left my car parked up the very end of the car park with no other cars nearby when I came back I had other brand new cars parked both sides of my car even though the car park was only 30% full

Puddy
Yea thats what I try to park next to or hope is parked next to me when I come back out of the store. Atleast is you have 2 brand new cars on each side you know they are going to be careful and care about their car like you do.

Quick Reply: Door bangers