Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Dpf

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2021, 02:54 AM
Default Dpf

Hi, does anyone know where I can get a replacement dpf for my vehicle please? Reg is: SK13TLN. I have just changed the turbo but dpf light keeps coming on and car goes into limp mode so I'm guessing it's dpf blocked but can't find the right one anywhere?? Thanks in advance

Old 01-25-2021, 06:12 AM

What is your engine type number?

Old 01-25-2021, 06:19 AM

I think it's 4n14, I have now found one online however it looks like I'm gonna have to cut the old pipe and get a sleeve to fit the new one as the one on my car is just one pipe all the way through. Does this sound right for changing it?

Old 01-25-2021, 05:15 PM

Do you have any fault codes coming up? What was wrong with the turbo?

Old 01-26-2021, 02:23 AM

Yes fault codes are: p1498 and p2463. Both basically say dpf are blocked and check dpf light is now on. When the codes are reset boost comes back but then comes back on shortly (within a minute) and back to limp mode. The turbo vanes had loads of play and was scraping on the inside of the turbo.

Old 01-26-2021, 02:48 AM

Have you checked the air intake hose for a hole or split in it?

Old 01-26-2021, 02:51 AM

Yes all hoses have been checked. I have had the car about a year and only do short journeys around town so I'm thinking that it has lots of soot build up, also as the turbo had blown there must be oil and soot that has gone into the dpf and completely blocked it.

Old 01-26-2021, 03:27 AM

I have never had to replace a DPF on and 4N14. Usually just removing the DPF and blasting it out with a jetwash clears the excess soot. It is only a filter made of metal.

The EGR can also stick open, causing excessive soot to accumalate. Have you inspected the inside of the inlet manifold? can get blocked in there, especially around the port for the boost pressure sensor. if this gets blocked, the ECU cannot see the pressue, and the soot gets worse

Old 01-27-2021, 06:14 AM

I'm pretty sure egr is all OK, I have just been out to inspect the dpf underneath as my new one has arrived and there is literally carbon coming out of where the dpf sensor pipes connect to. I have already tried some fuel additive and some spray cleaner direct into dpf so it must be past saving tbh.

Old 01-31-2021, 09:48 AM

Ok now I have no idea what to do, it has had a new dpf installed, after trying dpf cleaner and egr cleaner spray. The check dpf light is constantly on which brings the EML light on and throws the car into limp mode. I can reset fault codes while driving and get boost back but then it will go back into limp mode within 30 seconds to a minute. Any ideas? It's getting costly now.

Quick Reply: Dpf