Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Draft coming in around center console, brrr!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 01:47 PM
Default Draft coming in around center console, brrr!

Hey guys, I bought the Outlander in June and didn't notice until the weather got cold, but there is a major draft around my center console. I can feel cold air when my hand is on the shifter, ebrake, between the seats, etc...plus, the console itself is always very cold to the touch. I've noticed it all winter, just now getting around to doing something about it. I got underneath and nothing looks out of the ordinary. The aluminum shield looks fine, no missing bolts, etc... I had it in the dealer a couple months ago for a different issue, but I'm sure they would have noticed something while doing their "check everything while it's here so we can make some money" inspection.

Is this a bad design flaw or am I missing something?

Also, since you're reading this, does anyone else have really crappy radio reception? It's really starting to get on my nerves... not so much static, but it sounds like it's going back and forth from stereo to mono. Never been in a vehicle with such horrible reception.

Old 02-03-2012, 04:01 PM

Well alright then, with 79 views can I assume this is something that definitely is not common and therefore needs to be fixed?

Old 02-03-2012, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by OmahaOutlander
Well alright then, with 79 views can I assume this is something that definitely is not common and therefore needs to be fixed?
well, my wife sometimes complains that its cold on her lap if the vents are on floor or defrost, or a combination of the two. I don't know if its a draft though, I think maybe its just no warm air flowing there without the dash vents? you might have a draft though, I would be curious to see what you find.

Old 02-04-2012, 02:36 AM

Do you the temperature control below 70 and "auto" setting on your vent selector dial and fan control? This can cause the auir to flow down into the footwells causing the draft you noticed.