Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

DRL to replace Fog kit?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 02:24 PM
Default RE: DRL to replace Fog kit?

Thats alright..... pretty much what we need to figure out is how to keep the daylight runners (which are in the fog lights) to just stay on all the time, whether the low beams are on or off.

Thats what I want anyways.... please, please, please someone figure this one out..

Old 11-20-2008, 04:46 PM

OK I got an idea.....I've the instructions for the foglamp kit it. nowhere in it does it state "not for vehicles with HID"..

If the ETACs can be programmed to work the foglamp switch than it will work..

and seeing everything jsrd has programmed into the ETACs I'dsay it can be done.

Old 11-20-2008, 05:59 PM

Well now that I understand the situation lol!!! I asked around about the fogs staying on W/HID. I asked 2 mitsu dealers. One said that the fogs can't be used at all to be DRL(BS) due to being wired to the etacs and they won't reflash. The second one said it can be done but it depends on the model of the Outlander. To be sure they need your vehicle to do an inspection. He added that its a pain in the **** and labor extensive. I spoke with the a 3rd party HID installer they said that the fogs can be DRL but they can not have it on W/HID.

I am not sure if the lancers have the same set up as the Outlander but I saw one W/fogs on W/HID. He can turn it on and off with a switch. The catch is foryou to use your HID as DRL also, always on! Its on youtube.

Old 11-21-2008, 07:38 PM

ORIGINAL: mitsupartsman.com

OK I got an idea.....I've the instructions for the foglamp kit it. nowhere in it does it state "not for vehicles with HID"..

If the ETACs can be programmed to work the foglamp switch than it will work..

and seeing everything jsrd has programmed into the ETACs I'dsay it can be done.
So you think that if you install the stalk with the fog light switch and have the dealer reprogram the ETACs the it should work?

Old 11-24-2008, 09:07 PM

Is it a bad idea using your HID as your DRLs also?

Old 11-25-2008, 07:24 AM

my thought on this is to combine the circuit for the drl with the circuit for the foglamp.

Old 11-25-2008, 04:44 PM

If I tap into the FOGs or DRLs circuit, wouldn't that void my warranty? I still want to be able to turn on and off my fogs after to.

Old 11-25-2008, 04:49 PM

tdford,

Can you check the relay box in the engine compartment and tell me if you see the foglamp relay installed? Or at least is the relay box wired
for it?

Old 11-25-2008, 10:01 PM

ORIGINAL: mitsupartsman.com

tdford,

Can you check the relay box in the engine compartment and tell me if you see the foglamp relay installed? Or at least is the relay box wired
for it?
Sure I will... where do I need to look? Like in the front, right or left, down low....

Old 11-25-2008, 10:32 PM

Name:  FogRelay.jpg
Views: 3358
Size:  43.6 KB

Quick Reply: DRL to replace Fog kit?