Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

DVD "Hack"

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 04:29 PM
Default DVD "Hack"

I've seen it for other cars, but trying to see if anyone has done or found some literature on how to enable DVD video playback while driving. Yes, I know it's illegal, but I'd like the option anyway.

With our 2007 Outlander, the DVD will play while driving, but blanks out the video.

Thanks for any information!

Old 11-18-2006, 10:40 AM
Default RE: DVD "Hack"

The "problem" also exists with AUX input... any workarounds would be nice to know... but more interested in upgrading the HDD on the device.

Old 11-27-2006, 04:54 PM

I was able to use the Aux input for the audio though. While my wife had our laptop playing a movie, I routed the audio through the aux port and got the booming system for a theater effect

Old 11-28-2006, 12:29 PM

I'd actually like to have an in-cabin camera so I can keep an eye on the backseat and route it through the AUX input... kind of a very sophisticated backseat baby monitor (rear facing babyseats are hard to keep an eye on when you're driving).

Cliff.

Old 11-28-2006, 08:21 PM

If someone can figure out the hack here is a nice product so that you can view your kids in the back.

Audiovox Strap-on Rear View Mirror with 4" LCD & Color Camera

Old 12-01-2006, 01:10 PM

K from what I recall, there are two methods. one is taking the brake wire and just grounding it.

the other i saw: (note its for a Clarion vrx765vd. I have an older outtie so I dont know whats in the newer)

Simply, grounding the parking brake wire doesn't work for this unit. You need a two Prong toggle switch to watch tv while the car is in motion. MAKE SURE IT'S A TWO PRONG TOGGLE SWITCH" Flick the switch twice and you will be able to watch tv while the car is in motion.

What I did was..... Connect parking brake wire to one of the prongs on the toggle switch and connect wire to the second prong on the switch and grounded/connected it to the chassis of the car.(Any mental part of the car).
there are kits to by pass it, but give these a try first

Old 07-30-2007, 06:56 AM

Do we know which wire it is from the back of the nav system?

Old 07-30-2007, 09:19 AM

Do a search on the forum, this topic has been beat to death. The aux screen is controlled by speed inputs to the Nav system, therefore te only known bypass is to disable the nav antenna (bad idea). The only get-around would be a software hack, which hasn't surfaced yet.

Old 07-30-2007, 12:48 PM

I dont understand how the Aux screen deals with playing a dvd. I have done this mod in all of my cars when upgrading the radios. All you do have to do is find the wire going to the parking brake or park sensor and put a two prong switch and flip it when u want to watch a dvd. This tricks the radio into thinking the car is in park.

Old 07-30-2007, 02:48 PM

Ive seen people use this method on other types of cars....sounds like it might work...

ORIGINAL: ml8853

I dont understand how the Aux screen deals with playing a dvd. I have done this mod in all of my cars when upgrading the radios. All you do have to do is find the wire going to the parking brake or park sensor and put a two prong switch and flip it when u want to watch a dvd. This tricks the radio into thinking the car is in park.

Quick Reply: DVD "Hack"